Tortorella relieved of coaching duties

haha one of my good friends who lives here in NoVA is from New York and is a faithful Rainja's (how he pronounces Rangers) fan. We enjoy ripping on each other about our respective teams. On several occasions, he threatened that Torts should be fired if a professional hockey team can't get past the first series in the playoffs.

haha one of my good friends who lives here in NoVA is from New York and is a faithful Rainja's (how he pronounces Rangers) fan. We enjoy ripping on each other about our respective teams. On several occasions, he threatened that Torts should be fired if a professional hockey team can't get past the first series in the playoffs.

That'd be quite a lot of firings...

Didn't the Coyotes already try the "quick, hire a legendary player as a coach" routine? Worked wonders for Gretzky's legacy...

Go Stars!

Look at Michael Jordan as GM of the Bobcats... he's terrible. Great players don't always translate to great coaches, they require entirely different skill sets.

If messier coaches.. the rangers won't even make the playoffs LOL.

it's proven.. not many elite players ever become good coaches. Gretzky failed too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roy fails too next season.

That depends... sometimes it's not the coaches fault. I've seen players play poorly and get paid millions.

Wasn't brad richards on the rangers benched for game 3 and 4? Critical games and he earn what? 7-8 million per a year?

Man I'd love to be benched to watch hockey and get paid millions of dollars! :)

If messier coaches.. the rangers won't even make the playoffs LOL.

it's proven.. not many elite players ever become good coaches. Gretzky failed too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roy fails too next season.

Yeah, honestly, I expect to see Messier as next GM rather then Head Coach, He is around the offices a lot and Sather's contract is up next year, my money is he retires rather then renews and appoints Messier as new GM. My guess is Mark being around the office so much the last 6 or so months, Sather is training him for the position.

Players like Messier, Leech, Graves are NYR legends, there is too high of a risk with them as a head coach their name becoming tarnished due to a bad season.

Yeah, honestly, I expect to see Messier as next GM rather then Head Coach, He is around the offices a lot and Sather's contract is up next year, my money is he retires rather then renews and appoints Messier as new GM. My guess is Mark being around the office so much the last 6 or so months, Sather is training him for the position.

Players like Messier, Leech, Graves are NYR legends, there is too high of a risk with them as a head coach their name becoming tarnished due to a bad season.

One GM I know is failing already.. Steve Yzerman.

Has amazing offence, but the guy cannot even create a good backend. Signs Salo and Ohlund to ridiculous contracts on the D. The goaltending has ALWAYS been a problem, which he never solved. I DON'T think Bishop is their #1 and if he is.. they made a mistake.

I still don't get why they never went for Luongo unless the asking price was high. Add luongo to that team and another top defenceman and that team should make it to the eastern or cup finals.

Top Bottom