Torn between IPB and XenForo

sophie1204

I'm a current, disillusioned user of vbulletin 3.8.2 looking to switch over to something else. I've been looking at IPB and hearing very good things about the new version. Can you tell me how XenForo stacks up? My forum has about 3,000 members and 172,000 posts, and I HAVE to be able to put ads in the header, in the side bar, and after the first post of each thread. Any thoughts?

I switched from Vbulletin to IPB about 2 years ago now. I deeply regret the move. As bad as Vbulletin was becoming, it turns out that IPB isn't much better. I lost data in the transition. I discovered serious bugs that in two years have not been resolved. It seems the staff is more concerned about rolling out new social features than it is about fixing a multitude of bugs that have persisted for years. Vbulletin 3.8 was a better product than IPB ever was.

So I find myself here looking for yet another solution....

I'm a current, disillusioned user of vbulletin 3.8.2 looking to switch over to something else. I've been looking at IPB and hearing very good things about the new version. Can you tell me how XenForo stacks up? My forum has about 3,000 members and 172,000 posts, and I HAVE to be able to put ads in the header, in the side bar, and after the first post of each thread. Any thoughts?
I have some similier stats and all the same ad locations.
http://www.doberman-chat.com/community/index.php I cant help you in comparing the two softwares, i habe used IPB but not the latest But i do know XF is a proven winner in my bbook and the switch from vB4.0 to XF 1.0 went without a single complaint. seriously not one member complained. (unheard of)

Any thoughts?
Rent a IPB 'hosted community' for a little while and see how you like it. I did that, and even bought all of their software, but could never get the basics to work reliably - the equivalent of 'watched topics' and New Posts on xf, or User CP in vb3.8. I tried for many months. Though as mentioned the IPB View New Content is supposed to work better in 3.2, I really don't know.

From a stability viewpoint xf has been more stable than when we used vb3.8. Not one database error in many months.

It may depend on your forum members, ours are focused on the basics only, and not all the other stuff.

But why ?

Just like to know the competition :). Overall I dropped all my vBulletin licenses but 1 just to make sure I can see how hard they are failing. XenForo I'm really digging but just not much out there for it (YET). IP.Board is established and has a lot going for it but it's been out for a number of years compared to XenForo.

So I'm just holding on :)

Top Bottom