• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Topic Notification Mod - Offering $307

dvsDave

I have a very specific mod in mind for XenForo.

The requirements are as follows:
1) To be able to give permissions to usergroups to do the following:
2) For each member of said usergroup to have an interface where they can define keywords
3) To have a process of when a new post is made, IF the keyword is in the post, then trigger an email to be set to the user with,
4) the content of the email being defined in a template, including the link to the post that triggers the email to be sent.

If you are interested in taking on this project, please send examples of other xF mods, as well as how you would approach the keyword triggering. This is a crucial feature that will have to be coded in such a way as to have minimal impact upon the server load.

My website has active participation of several of the manufacturers of the kind of equipment we discuss. More manufacturers would like to participate on the forum, but they don't have the time to spend going through the forum on a daily basis. I told them I would get this mod created so that they can keep an eye out for discussing about their products and can swoop in when a tough question needs answering. We are already known for having active manufacturer and vendor participation, we just want to take it to the next level. I would invite any other board owner to add to the "pot" for a developer and you'll get first crack at the mod along with myself.

I'll add $100 to the pot to get this developed. I image just like Google Alerts, we can have an interface to define the keywords that we watch, each with its own setting (get instant email/weekly email/etc) and the permission will be set for individual usergroup/forum/node.

I love the idea :) Should be a great way to add value for subscribing/upgraded members. If it can be made to get users to create similar alerts when specific users post, I'd also chip in.

This sounds like it will search for new posts only. Imagine searching old past keywords on a board with M of posts, it will bring the mail server down.
This may have the potential of sending a lot of email alerts so this should have an option of Alert/Email/etc.

I use Google Apps email service and they have a 500 mails a day limit I believe.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keyword-digest-or-search-rss-option.20163/

I am looking for input on how I can move our 175k member forum over to Xenforo. I am dying to do so but have one small challenge. Im not so much worried about galleries, garages etc, BUT I am concerned about a feature I have in place for our 'sponsors'. Basically we have the DriveThru Vendors tools installed. The feature our vendors love is the keyword notify tool. They are able to setup a list of keywords and get e daily email digest of threads of their interest. I need a way to do this in Xenforo.

I was thinking that maybe there is a way to setup a RSS feed on a keyword? Where our sponsors could use an RSS Reader and be able to watch threads based on keywords set to the RSS URL.

Any suggestions would be great, I really want Xen so bad!! :p

Mike @ stangnet.com

Development is going to be under way shortly by xfrocks.
Whoever has made a monetary pledge will have a chance to follow through and be able to test the mod first.
Please stay tuned.

Top Bottom