Too much transparency, conversation link thoughts

TheLaw

I love the lightbox type feel of the quick profile view when you click on a user name. However:

1) I see text behind the transparency and it makes type on top a little challenging to read at times.

2) I could not tell how to send PMs because the links to "profile" and "start conversation" didn't appear as links and sometimes appeared fuzzy due to text in the background.

3) BTW, I'm not sure I'd use "start conversation" instead of "send message" which would seem to be a much clearer explanation of what you're doing. Conversation can mean chat, etc. If you plan on having skype, AIM or other buttons or links, those could also be launched to "start a conversation."

1) I see text behind the transparency and it makes type on top a little challenging to read at times.

Although I really like the design of the Member Card, it does look a tiny bit 'messy' sometimes yes:

membercard transparancy.webp

Depending on where the Member Card is positioned, it can indeed look 'messy' and therefor harder to read because of the transparency. Even the tooltip saying 'TheLaw is not following you' has transparency, making that little tooltip almost have transparency over transparency ;). This tooltip is trivial obviously, but yes, I do agree that the Member Card transparency is too much. It doesn't really serve an important purpose, but it can get in the way of the usability a bit indeed.

It seems to look better on Mac, on Windows you get these very sharp thin letters, on Mac they are softer and thicker.

onMac.webp

Could do with a bit less transparency though.

Top Bottom