1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too many connections error.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Nights, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Nights

Nights Member

I just purchased the software to start my own site. I'm familiar with forum software of all sorts. XenForo is a bit different yet something I thought I could handle. Now I'm getting this message when I try to load my site:

I'm using iPage basic hosting. I'm running 1.2.1 and the link to my site it www.ponyville-forums.net so you can look for yourselves.

I'd hopefully like to see this resolved soon so I can get back to work on getting my site going. Thank you.

EDIT: Appears to be working currently but I'd still like to know what that error was.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That error is caused by you reaching a limit imposed on your account via server configuration. Depending on how often it happens, you could ask your host to up it.
  3. Nights

Nights Member

Thank you. I'll talk to them about it because I'm supposed to have unlimited and I'll probably end up dropping them.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nothing is ever unlimited. However, most hosts limit concurrent connections to the database server.
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

You can see the amount of your concurrent connections in cPanel on the left side nav with most hosts.
  6. Nights

Nights Member

Yeah, apparently that and queries get limited.

iPage ... sadly I picked the one without cPanel.

EDIT: It's also sad that I picked one of the worst hosting sites for forums. Recommendations would be nice, plz and thank you. I'm dropping iPage like a hot potato.
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

hehe, and welcome to xF Host! (y)
    Nights and wickedstangs like this.