Too many connections error.

Nights

I just purchased the software to start my own site. I'm familiar with forum software of all sorts. XenForo is a bit different yet something I thought I could handle. Now I'm getting this message when I try to load my site:

An exception occurred: Too many connections in /hermes/bosweb/web257/b2573/ipg.ponyvilleforumsnet/Forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 684
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 921
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 952
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1336
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 52
  8. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 363
  9. XenForo_Application::handleException()

I'm using iPage basic hosting. I'm running 1.2.1 and the link to my site it www.ponyville-forums.net so you can look for yourselves.

I'd hopefully like to see this resolved soon so I can get back to work on getting my site going. Thank you.

EDIT: Appears to be working currently but I'd still like to know what that error was.

Last edited:
That error is caused by you reaching a limit imposed on your account via server configuration. Depending on how often it happens, you could ask your host to up it.

That error is caused by you reaching a limit imposed on your account via server configuration. Depending on how often it happens, you could ask your host to up it.

Thank you. I'll talk to them about it because I'm supposed to have unlimited and I'll probably end up dropping them.

Nothing is ever unlimited. However, most hosts limit concurrent connections to the database server.

Yeah, apparently that and queries get limited.

You can see the amount of your concurrent connections in cPanel on the left side nav with most hosts.

iPage ... sadly I picked the one without cPanel.

EDIT: It's also sad that I picked one of the worst hosting sites for forums. Recommendations would be nice, plz and thank you. I'm dropping iPage like a hot potato.

Top Bottom