Too bad we can't have a modification

Elizabeth

that tells what a person is getting ready to post: 
"I want to get a beta copy"
When is it going gold"
Where can I find the download button"
And when it sees any of these type sentences, the modification would automatically put all these people in ONE forum so we don't have to keep hunting them down all over the place. They would all be in one location so they could see how many threads they're are asking the same danged question!!!!

Liz 

But we can have a modification that sends every new registrant a private conversation, containing a link to the FAQ. This may help to prevent some of the repeating questions.

But we can have a modification that sends every new registrant a private conversation, containing a link to the FAQ. This may help to prevent some of the repeating questions.
Or just be annoying? Also, if you think about it, when you make a new account somewhere, like gmail, and they send you your very first message. What do you do with said message? Do you sit there and read through it and anything it links to? I doubt it, and if you do I doubt everyday users will.

that tells what a person is getting ready to post:
"I want to get a beta copy"
When is it going gold"
Where can I find the download button"
And when it sees any of these type sentences, the modification would automatically put all these people in ONE forum so we don't have to keep hunting them down all over the place. They would all be in one location so they could see how many threads they're are asking the same danged question!!!!

Liz
One idea I would contemplate if it were my forum (which it isn't) would be to not allow people to start threads until they made a few posts.

Shame there isn't a mod which finds all the people who signs their post and tells them that there is a signature feature for that :d (no offense is intended by this post, it's just a personal annoyance, and I'm not aiming this comment at any singular person)

Top Bottom