Today in History [Deleted]

megabosx

That's pretty awesome! Does this display multiple events on the same day? It appears that it does, but doesn't show it in the screenshot.

I'd buy this today if I could import my own custom text file with a list of dates with events. I imagine I'd have over 1000 to enter one by one otherwise...

I agree, this looks very nice.

Feature suggestions:

1) I agree that a way of importing/exporting would be nice, so we can quickly add stuff to it.

2) It would be nice if users could submit entries aswell. Once submitted, the entry would appear in ACP in an inactive state. Admin could turn the entry into active if he likes or delete the entry. And sending the owner of the entry an alert that his entry got activated (only once for first time).

3) It would be nice if there would be a some sort of a calendar displaying all entries of a year on the frontend. One could then quickly spot what is already added and what not. To avoid double entries.

1) I agree that a way of importing/exporting would be nice, so we can quickly add stuff to it.
In progress
2) It would be nice if users could submit entries aswell. Once submitted, the entry would appear in ACP in an inactive state. Admin could turn the entry into active if he likes or delete the entry. And sending the owner of the entry an alert that his entry got activated (only once for first time).
Nice, i'll add this to the feature backlog as well
3) It would be nice if there would be a some sort of a calendar displaying all entries of a year on the frontend. One could then quickly spot what is already added and what not. To avoid double entries.
Makes sense, would love to talk more about how the calendar interface would look like

Makes sense, would love to talk more about how the calendar interface would look like
Sure, I'd love that. There are 3 calendar addons (8WR XF | 8WR site | AndyB XF | AndyB site | NixFifty XF | NixFifty site) and those can give you an idea of how such things could look like. Also use Google Calendar as an example.

It depends on how advanced you want to make it.

I think as a starter a "monthly view" should be the default display of such an interface. Displaying all entries in the month, where one could switch to other months. On mobile view the display would turn into a list display, instead of a calendar display.

More advanced would be to also include "yearly view" such as in the Google Calendar.
1575998222246.png
And then "scheduled view", which skips empty days and only displays dates with entries.

More advanced stuff would be a navigation included to the calendar views, like on NixFifty's site (on the left):

1575998461968.png

So imagine we could categorize entries not only by date, but also by categories (custom fields maybe?). So, let's say we could have a category called "birthday", so it would only display birthdays.

(Also as a side note, check out the button on the right top corner in the screenshot above. A button like that could be used for people to submit entries).

But I don't want to overwhelm you. There is so much one can do about this and I wanted to display all kind of things one can do. It depends on how much time and motivation you have of course.

Thanks for considering suggestions.

PS: A wiki importer would be also very neat, but I believe that would be hard to accomplish maybe.

Last edited:
@megabosx Hey there! Interested in buying this addon. Deal breaker I'm thinking is the ability to import. Did you get any further with a new release? Addon is perfect for my needs.

I agree, this looks very nice.

Feature suggestions:

Bump.

And one question.

There are 1800 entries as default. How can I delete all of them?

Just bought it. Just wondering how to add event text as HTML or BB CODE?
I would like to link the events to a forum thread.
Thanks, Craig

Bump.

And one question.

There are 1800 entries as default. How can I delete all of them?
Empty the table mega_history_event in the database. :)

Last edited:
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom