XF 2.1 To upgrade or not! PHP

vinnymickey

Interesting topic on PHP versions and should we upgrade. I see with WP, Xenforo and pretty sure some more are getting errors triggered to upgrade PHP version. Now my question is how important is it to upgrade from 5.6 to PHP 7.__?

My host only has option to go up to PHP 5.6 and so far kind of avoiding this topic. Therefore my research has lead me here because Xen just triggered a warning to upgrade because some features might not work in the near future.

Of course understanding some plugins and theme authors might not be testing PHP upgrades and things may get ugly. Just curious on the importance of moving to PHP 7___ and how long/estimate on survival with anything lower than PHP 7?

Thanks for any input...

If you want to take advantage of all the features of XF 2.1, you need to upgrade to PHP 7.3.1.

TY....That makes sense do we have a list of what will work and what will not related to Xen? Guessing at this point I have to weigh my pros and cons just Incase it comes down to me changing host?

I don't have a definitive list but push notifications require a minimum version of 7.1.

Top Bottom