[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x - Start threads about TV shows the easy way in XenForo 2!

Do you run a Television show review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from The Movie Database to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss Television shows with friends.

Then this add-on is for you!

The TMDb TV Thread Starter allows you to enter the TV show ID or the entire link to the TV show at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb TV Thread Starter will import all of the...

Read more about this resource...

I run a sports forum, is there anyway to create discussion with this add-on for sports?
It may be possible if there's a database API that's free to use on the internet. But there has been no demand for it, so if it's possible it would be a completely custom add-on.

Can you link to a forum that is using this? Thinking about adding it to my forum but want to see it first.
There aren't any live XF 2 sites running it that I know of.

My site is running the XF 1 version, which is very similar. You can also see the XF 1 version here..
https://webtvforums.com/categories/tv-shows.17/
And here..
https://generalchatter.co.uk/f/tv-shows.31/ or https://generalchatter.co.uk/f/#featured-shows.100

Those are the two sites that come to mind right away. I could look to see who else is using it in my records if you want.

Also note that generalchatter has customized the add-on displays to their needs. I give them as an example of what could be done with the add-on.

Last edited:
Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.1

An update to the TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account to download this update.
  • Fix - Error about movie thread option not existing when posting threads
  • Change - Made more compatible with ThemeHouse Nodes add-on*
*Thanks to Jake at ThemeHouse for helping me debug the problem that I was having.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have installed this, but when I click on Post a New TV show, it just starts a normal thread.

The thread title is the tmdb URL, nothing about the actual show or anything like with the screenshots. I'm obviously doing something wrong, is there a manual somewhere? Thanks

It could be I'm misunderstanding.

I go to tmdb, search the show I want and put that URL as the thread title. Ican also use the tmdb ID, but where do I find that?

Last edited:
I have installed this, but when I click on Post a New TV show, it just starts a normal thread.

The thread title is the tmdb URL, nothing about the actual show or anything like with the screenshots. I'm obviously doing something wrong, is there a manual somewhere? Thanks
I ran across this problem with another add-on that works similarly to the TV thread starter.

Are you using the "URL portion" for the forum (Admin->Forums->Nodes... Edit forum) you're trying to post a TV show in?

I've uploaded a hot fix to the current version to take care of the "URL portion" problem.

Just download the add-on again and upload the files to your server. Then go to Admin->Add-ons and select "Rebuild" from the add-on's drop down menu.

Last edited:
Still getting it after upload and rebuild, just the TMDB URL shows as the title.
Then either you uploaded the wrong files, didn't over write the existing files on your server, or have some heavy PHP caching taking place somewhere that needs to be cleared.

Then either you uploaded the wrong files, didn't over write the existing files on your server, or have some heavy PHP caching taking place somewhere that needs to be cleared.

Not to worry, I'll just have the forum without a URL portion.

Not to worry, I'll just have the forum without a URL portion.
There is a way to know if everything was uploaded properly.

1) Check if the phrase "snog_tv_error_movie_id" exists
2) Check src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php for these lines at lines 15 and 16:
Code:
$forum = $this->assertViewableForum($params->node_id ?: $params->node_name, ['DraftThreads|' . \XF::visitor()->user_id]);
if (!in_array($forum->node_id, $this->options()->TvThreads_forum)) return parent::actionPostThread($params);
There is code before and after those lines, but those are the ones that retrieve the forum info.

If either the phrase doesn't exist or those lines don't exist as shown, then the files weren't uploaded or over written.

Then the rebuild didn't take place for some reason or the _data files for the add-on weren't over written.

And those lines existing exactly as shown are what allows the "URL portion" to be used. There is something odd going on that shouldn't be. It might be related to your post about your test server if that's where it's happening.

And those lines existing exactly as shown are what allows the "URL portion" to be used. There is something odd going on that shouldn't be. It might be related to your post about your test server if that's where it's happening.

This is on a different server. I'll redownload/upload/rebuild

Top Bottom