Ignore Content

Ignore Content [Paid] 3.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I am using the following addon for showing "Unread Post Count". Although Ignored thread is not shown at "What's New Page" but it increases unread Post Count
Yes it still increase counter. Because ignored user post can still be seen from new post. So I guess ignore user does work different.
Any progress @truonglv ?

The reason for asking, I am using a 3rd party "Modern Statistics"(from *******) addon at my home page that shows read / unread/new threads. This addon is working perfect with" unread post count". But it has same problem. It shows "ignored threads" like "post count".

So I guess if you can find a solution for "post count", this will also solve the problem at "modern statistics" addon.

Unless we find a solution, I will not be able to use your great addon. Because my users like "Statistic" addon very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_8.webp
    Screenshot_8.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_9.webp
    Screenshot_9.webp
    95.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_10.webp
    Screenshot_10.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
Any progress @truonglv ?

The reason for asking, I am using a 3rd party "Modern Statistics"(from ***) addon at my home page that shows read / unread/new threads. This addon is working perfect with" unread post count". But it has same problem. It shows "ignored threads" like "post count".

So I guess if you can find a solution for "post count", this will also solve the problem at "modern statistics" addon.

Unless we find a solution, I will not be able to use your great addon. Because my users like "Statistic" addon very much.
For incompatible with Modern Statistics. It's much issue from that add-on they must do same behavior with threads list (in forum view). In this case very simple to ask the author that remove any ignore threads from visitor.

With "Unread count" I guess that author still increase counter with ignored threads cause performance issue.

I checked and the permissions were turned off so I turned them back on and it's showing again however now I cannot find where to "un-ignore" so the forums show again. ??

I finally found it. You have a choice of ignored users, threads & forums. I had to click on forums and was able to reset it.

Was a little hard to find, I'll have to inform my members.

I finally found it. You have a choice of ignored users, threads & forums. I had to click on forums and was able to reset it.

Was a little hard to find, I'll have to inform my members.
Users can unignore thread and forums from their profile pages.

I have just noticed that if I ignore a main forum, it completely disappears at home page.

1_Main Forum.webp

But when I ignore a sub-forum, it still appears and when you get into sub-forum, its content is empty.

2_Sub Forum.webp

For me, sub-forum ignore features is much more better then the main forum. Is it possible to change main forum disappear feature like sub-forum ?

@truonglv I have an issue with your Addon. If i ignore a Thread and in the meantime the Thread get delete, then im unable to use the bin for ignored threads.

1550738074684.webp

Take a look at the Screenshot. The ignored content was deleted and if i want delete this 3 ignored threads with the bin Button, then a "oops you dont have Permission to Do that comes".
So i deleted the 3 orphaned ignored threads in mysql for this User.

Confirmed, this seem to happen only when you hard delete a topic.
With a topic that is soft deleted, you can remove it from the topic-ignore list.

@truonglv
I would like to buy this addon. Despite several attempts with different mail addresses I do not receive a confirmation mail for account activation. Can you please activate my account manually? My account: rike-online.

Thanks!

Any chance of adding an ignore prefix option? My boards have a fair amount of off topic threads with each using an OT prefix. Some people don't like the off topic stuff, and I'd like to give them the option to ignore these threads.

Thanks for this new featured. Just ordered and installed at my demo site.

I am using the following addon for showing "Unread Post Count". Although Ignored thread is not shown at "What's New Page" but it increases unread Post Count

If user are ignore another user. Does it still increase counter?
Yes it still increase counter. Because ignored user post can still be seen from new post. So I guess ignore user does work different.
Any progress @truonglv ?

The reason for asking, I am using a 3rd party "Modern Statistics"(from ***) addon at my home page that shows read / unread/new threads. This addon is working perfect with" unread post count". But it has same problem. It shows "ignored threads" like "post count".

For incompatible with Modern Statistics. It's much issue from that add-on they must do same behavior with threads list (in forum view). In this case very simple to ask the author that remove any ignore threads from visitor.

With "Unread count" I guess that author still increase counter with ignored threads cause performance issue.
Is there any progress with this? I should have finished reading this thread because the main reason I bought this add-on was so users could ignore a thread and not have it should up on the unread post counter.

Top Bottom