Anonymous Posting

Anonymous Posting [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi Nobita, is it true, that you save the information if anonymous or not in a new table?
Just to know, please: Why you do that and why not using just a field?
Which are the resons to prefer a nw table over a field, please?
Alter table very slow if the table have hundred rows or million rows while creating new table are fast for both action install and uninstall.

And also there are maybe 1 million normal posts and only 0.001 percent anonymous posts.
Yes, that makes sense for me. Thank you.

I still love the idea to have a bitfield in the posts and in other tables to set values. If set, fetch the stuff from another table,
while you probably always do a query for every post, right or at least a left join?
Especially for you (and add-on programers) could be such a postfield save a lot of queries, right?
I am wondering why nobody(?) uses this.

Addon name1 = 0001
Addon name2 = 0010
Addon name3 = 0011

Another question:
Have you add a way to reverse a post from anonymous to normal and vice versa?

There is a discussion in the forum, that people can find the original username very easy?

What do you think about a comment addon where information is saved also in the post table?
Here we also have maybe 0.0001 percent of the posts as comments?
I like the idea of themehouse to use normal posts for comments, but i am not shure if i want to save the information about that in the post_table or better somewhere else like you do it here.

Last edited:
What happens to anonymous posts if this add-on is uninstalled or disabled?

Also, what if future versions of XF break this add-on? What is the risk of anonymous users being "unmasked"?

Thank you! :)

What happens to anonymous posts if this add-on is uninstalled or disabled?

Also, what if future versions of XF break this add-on? What is the risk of anonymous users being "unmasked"?

Thank you! :)
When uninstall this add-on. The post still anonymous.

@truonglv Can you add a feature that allows user to use a nickname for every anonymous post?

They can use different nickname for every post if they like.

As i remember that you can turn the anonmymous ID. Is it?
Yes I got it turned on. But anonymous IDs are really difficult to recognize than nicknames like Mary, Tom, Peter, etc.

Either you let users to enter a nickname when they're posting a post or you make the anonymous ID more recognizable like Mary-hgg5c, Peter-ut57gev, Tom-78fhhf3 where Mary, Peter and Tom are generated from a list of names by your add-on.

This is an add-on with high potential. Please continue to improve it.

Isn't that the point? :unsure:
We want to hide our real identity in certain nodes but we still want to trace who we're replying to in the same thread. It's not like we're blindly shooting every message without a target.

In short, it means I know I'm talking to that guy even though I don't know who he is.

So it's ideal to let user to enter a nickname for every message they post. Of course they can choose different nicknames or some people will use an existing nickname in the thread if they want to mislead/confuse people. It's absolutely acceptable in an anonymous node. But in most cases, people will use the same nickname to make them more recognizable. That's the point.

Last edited:
We want to hide our real identity in certain nodes but we still want to trace who we're replying to in the same thread. It's not like we're blindly shooting every message without a target.

In short, it means I know I'm talking to that guy even though I don't know who he is.

So it's ideal to let user to enter a nickname for every message they post. Of course they can choose different nicknames or some people will use an existing nickname in the thread if they want to mislead/confuse people. It's absolutely acceptable in an anonymous node. But in most cases, people will use the same nickname to make them more recognizable. That's the point.
I believe that add-on has permission allow you see the real users posting message.

What do you mean? I want to keep posts anonymous but just make them more recognizable in the same thread.
The add-on has permissions allow specific user groups can see the real posters. With others does not have permission cannot see it.

Top Bottom