Anonymous Posting

Anonymous Posting [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi!

I purchased this add-on tonight and installed it on a new XF forum. I set the node permissions to prohibit anonymous posting on all but one forum. I also set the user permissions for the Registered group to allow anonymous posting.

The checkbox appears to be showing up only in the right spots. When someone posts a thread having checked the anonymous checkbox, the post has a small box at the beginning of the post that states "This is an anonymous post". However, the poster's actual username shows next to the post.

Why is it showing the actual usernames?

Thanks.

Hi!

I purchased this add-on tonight and installed it on a new XF forum. I set the node permissions to prohibit anonymous posting on all but one forum. I also set the user permissions for the Registered group to allow anonymous posting.

The checkbox appears to be showing up only in the right spots. When someone posts a thread having checked the anonymous checkbox, the post has a small box at the beginning of the post that states "This is an anonymous post". However, the poster's actual username shows next to the post.

Why is it showing the actual usernames?

Thanks.
Does the next post has been checked "Posting as anonymous"?

I've deleted the threads that were in error. Please tell me how you would like me to test this. I'll create a new thread. What would you like me to post?

Thanks! And thanks for a really quick response! :)

I changed the "[tl] Anonymous Posting: Can view" permission for Registered users to no. When I tried the anonymous thread again, the actual user's name still showed up. What permissions are needed to prevent Registered users from seeing the actual user names?

I changed the "[tl] Anonymous Posting: Can view" permission for Registered users to no. When I tried the anonymous thread again, the actual user's name still showed up. What permissions are needed to prevent Registered users from seeing the actual user names?
Can you show the analytic permission of that user?

Sorry! The last week has been crazy.

Yes, it seems to be working and will do what we need. It would be better if even the admin couldn't find out who is posting anonymously (I have that turned off right now) but it's working for us as is.

Please tell me, there are only two options?
  • can write anonymous
  • can view (what? the author?)
What´s about?
  • allowed in this forum (node_based) OR
  • allowed list (list based of allowed forums) // or not allowed
  • thread_based (every thread could be switched yes/no)
  • ugp like done
  • user based, just single users are allowed without ugp
Thank you.

Hi Nobita, is it true, that you save the information if anonymous or not in a new table?
Just to know, please: Why you do that and why not using just a field?
Which are the resons to prefer a nw table over a field, please?

Top Bottom