[TJA] User Group Badges [Deleted]

TJA

TJA submitted a new resource:

[TJA] User Group Badges - Change your banners to badges using images or FA icons.

This addon will give you the option to use badges as your user banners, you have the option to use Font Awesome icons or your own images.

View attachment 116792 View attachment 116798 View attachment 116799

Instructions

1. Upload the content of the 'upload' folder.
2. Install the XML.
3. Set your options.

View attachment 116793 View attachment 116794 View attachment 116795View attachment 116800 View attachment 116796

If you do not want your images round then set...

Read more about this resource...

I'm using your addon as a shortcut to display user group banners without the messy CSS. However, I cannot seem to ONLY display the highest ranking banner despite the settings. Maybe the addon is not fully integrated with the Xenforo banner system?

For example, if a user is a member of registered AND Administrative, we want to only show the admin banner. Sure, its possible to clone the permissions in a rather tedious process, or by hand when a user promotes, but it is quite the hassle. The "Staff" banner wouldn't work because there are different banners depending on position.

This might be outside of the scope of what you had planned for the add on, but I thought I'd ask.

Option for maximum number of badges/banner maybe? (Default to showing the banner with the highest display property value).

I'm using your addon as a shortcut to display user group banners without the messy CSS. However, I cannot seem to ONLY display the highest ranking banner despite the settings. Maybe the addon is not fully integrated with the Xenforo banner system?

For example, if a user is a member of registered AND Administrative, we want to only show the admin banner. Sure, its possible to clone the permissions in a rather tedious process, or by hand when a user promotes, but it is quite the hassle. The "Staff" banner wouldn't work because there are different banners depending on position.

This might be outside of the scope of what you had planned for the add on, but I thought I'd ask.

Option for maximum number of badges/banner maybe? (Default to showing the banner with the highest display property value).
Thanks for the feedback, I'm currently away for the next few days, but will definitely look into sorting this.

Looks very interesting! Quick question, can I use SVG images (vector images) with your addon?

Great little addon thanks TJA, have one question though. Using font awesome icons for the badges, how do I set them up with different colours, currently they are just a single colour as shown below

upload_2015-10-11_9-55-31.webp

Great little addon thanks TJA, have one question though. Using font awesome icons for the badges, how do I set them up with different colours, currently they are just a single colour as shown below

View attachment 118973
Specify a background colour....

upload_2015-10-10_22-25-18.webp

Then you can add a border to it in the Style Property for the add-on...

upload_2015-10-10_22-26-14.webp

upload_2015-10-10_22-26-50.webp

If you want to change the icon colour, again in the SP...

upload_2015-10-10_22-28-35.webp

View attachment 118973
Sorry my bad just realised what you wanted, I think....

In your EXTRA.css you can put, for example:
Code:
.tja_groupBadge .fa-cogs:before {
color: #000000;
}
Just change the .fa-cogs to the icon you want to colour. And the color to your own.

upload_2015-10-10_22-37-55.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom