• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Tinhte.vn] Wipe To Go (Pagination Gestures for iOS/Android/Touch Devices)

agison

I usually use my Phones/Tables to browse Xenforo.com & My Forums. One not-easy thing is Paging buttons. They are too small to touch. Then I decided to make this Addon to allow me, my forum members & all of you can use our fingers to Wipe Right to Next Page, Wipe Left to Previous Page.

Using:
Very simple, use your fingers: Wipe Left to Right on the touch screen to move to Next Page, Wipe Right to Left on the touch screen to move to Previous Page.

Notes: You will see a fade effect after your wipe then you will be moved to new page.

Installation:
  1. Download the add-on file.
  2. Unzip then upload all content from Uploads folder to your Xenforo root.
  3. Import the addon-tinhte_wipe_to_go.xml Addon. Done
FAQ:
1. Which platform does this Addon support?
Tested on iOS & Android (Phones & Tables), other platforms may also works.

2. Where does this Addon can be used on my forum?
It work globally, anywhere have more than one page, you can use it.

3. Will this Add-on work on other Third-party add-ons, XenPorta for example?
XenPorta, work fine. Work with almost add-ons.

4. Why it doesn't work in Zoom Mod?
In Zoom mode of a web page, Left wipe & Right wipe were used for scrolling system.

5. Why don't you add support for Wipe Up & Wipe Down?
These gestures were also used for system scrolling system.

Demo:
I don't have any public installation for demo yet. See below photos.
You can install and enjoy it now.

tinhte_wipe_to_go.webp

Attachments

Sounds like a very good addon :)

What you should do though is have 2 versions of this addon.
Almost all European and American forums are gonna want "Left to Previous Page" and "Right to Next Page", because that's more logic for us :) So keep this one and create a EU/AM one ;)

Do that and this addon can be very useful!

- Vincent

Sounds like a very good addon :)

What you should do though is have 2 versions of this addon.
Almost all European and American forums are gonna want "Left to Previous Page" and "Right to Next Page", because that's more logic for us :) So keep this one and create a EU/AM one ;)

Do that and this addon can be very useful!

- Vincent

At first, I designed as yours. But after that I found that gestures on Touch Devices are different from Desktop.

On iOS/Android and other smartphone platforms, we swype Left to Next photo, wipe Right to previous photo. I just follow these rules. These rules was being used globally.

Let's try it and we can see.

At first, I designed as yours. But after that I found that gestures on Touch Devices are different from Desktop.

On iOS/Android and other smartphone platforms, we swype Left to Next photo, wipe Right to previous photo. I just follow these rules. These rules was being used globally.

Let's try it and we can see.

That's not really correct.
When you're using Gestures on the iPad, and you use the 4-finger swipe to go to the next app, you go to the right. When previous, left..

Also, the Facebook app: Next Pic: Right; Previous Pic: Left

That's not really correct.
When you're using Gestures on the iPad, and you use the 4-finger swipe to go to the next app, you go to the right. When previous, left..

Also, the Facebook app: Next Pic: Right; Previous Pic: Left

OK.
I modify the add-on to support this way now.

Top Bottom