• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Timer off

whynot

On registration is it possible to hide the timer?(Not to disable it!)
If I can see it than the bot can see it as well, easy to change its operation to wait.

What part of the code should be changed and how?

JulianD

You can remove the HTML from the template:

In register_form search for
Code:
<span id="RegTimer">({xen:phrase please_wait_x_seconds, "seconds=<span>{$xenOptions.registrationTimer}</span>"})</span>
and remove it. I tested it and apparently it doesn't break the registration process nor produces a javascript error.

However, I think it would be confusing for users if they try to register before the timer is done.

whynot

However, I think it would be confusing for users if they try to register before the timer is done.
There is no way a user could complete his/her registration in 20 seconds.(My setup)
I could not do it in 30 seconds.

Thank you for the code!

whynot

Code:
<span id="RegTimer">({xen:phrase please_wait_x_seconds, "seconds=<span>{$xenOptions.registrationTimer}</span>"})</span>
and remove it. I tested it and apparently it doesn't break the registration process nor produces a javascript error.
If I comment it out would it be fine?

Code:
<!-- <span id="RegTimer">({xen:phrase please_wait_x_seconds, "seconds=<span>{$xenOptions.registrationTimer}</span>"})</span>-->

JulianD

If you comment it out like that, the browser will not render it but the code will still be visible in the HTML source.

Use XenForo comment tag instead:

Code:
<xen:comment>...</xen:comment>