XF 1.1 Time taken Optimizing InnoDB tables

mrGTB

Just a quick question here, as I've spotted the same thing happens with my localhost WampServer and my live Web Server when optimizing InnoDB tables. Is is normal for it to takes ages compared to when you optimize all MyISAM tables.

It's taking well over a full minute to run an optimization on all InnoDB tables selected. It only takes about 10 seconds with MyISAM.

InnoDB is slower for almost everything, especially writes, so that's probably the answer. Plus due to the structure of the InnoDB file, I'm not sure optimising does any good anyway, does it?

InnoDB is slower for almost everything, especially writes, so that's probably the answer. Plus due to the structure of the InnoDB file, I'm not sure optimising does any good anyway, does it?
I would disagree. My findings are the opposite except for writes (which I am happy to take the hit on). The plus is that it is highly scalable over MyISAM for concurrent access due to it's row level locking.

Following on, read this link for why you should NOT run optimise on InnoDB tables.

I would disagree. My findings are the opposite except for writes (which I am happy to take the hit on). The plus is that it is highly scalable over MyISAM for concurrent access due to it's row level locking.

Following on, read this link for why you should NOT run optimise on InnoDB tables.
All I know from my own experience is that I tried it one day and converted my vb forum into InnoDB and it was alot slower, but to be fair, there was no optimisation for InnoDB in the server at all, so that may have been a contributing factor. I totally agree with you though, its for more scalable than myISAM.

Thanks for that Link, very interesting. Shame they didn't benchmark write performance.

Top Bottom