Lack of interest Tiebreaking Member Lists

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

PRSLou

Hello,

This was a suggestion from a member on the forum that I run. He noticed that the "Most Points" list under the Members section doesn't really handle ties in any meaningful way. For example, we currently have a three way tie with members at 263 points. I'm not sure if the system goes off join date in order to sort ties, but it doesn't appear to be alphabetical or anything else meaningful.

I would offer a suggestion of breaking ties in "most points" by going off a secondary metric such as total message count. (the same could be done for "most messages" and "highest reaction score" - just use whatever secondary metric is available in each situation)

I know this is a pretty minor thing, but people do take the points and the rankings seriously.

Thanks!

Louis

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not sure if the system goes off join date in order to sort ties, but it doesn't appear to be alphabetical or anything else meaningful.
If I recall correctly, it's just by whatever order it comes in from the database. In most cases that's probably the user ID, which correlates to the join date but for very large data sets where users have been deleted other records might've been put into those places instead, so it becomes sort of random.

If I recall correctly, it's just by whatever order it comes in from the database. In most cases that's probably the user ID, which correlates to the join date but for very large data sets where users have been deleted other records might've been put into those places instead, so it becomes sort of random.

That makes sense, I figured it was something like that. Anyway, my point still stands that a secondary tie-breaking data point would be nice to use.

Top Bottom