Three-door car

MilesDB

It's an unconventional concept for a car to have 3 doors. How do you like it?

2012-hyundai-veloster.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Obviously its target market is a younger generation. I find it practical because flipping and sliding a front seat to let your friends in to the back is a pain in the neck literally. This way you have a coupe with a quick hop-in option.

Yeah it's definitely marketed for a younger non mechanically inclined group as well as up beat trendy people...but it is not new..many automakers had the three door design since the 90s and some as far back as the 70's....I think the car wastes a lot of potential space for an already small cabin. I would rather drive a mini-van than this...your money is better spent elsewhere...unless of course a car is a car is a car to you and you just like it and need a way to from point a to point b.

I think veloster would be a good buy for teenagers as a first car. Hopefully I'll never have to drive a mini-van. :) I like aggressive-looking sporty cars like the one below:

hyundai-genesis-coupe.webp

Obviously its target market is a younger generation. I find it practical because flipping and sliding a front seat to let your friends in to the back is a pain in the neck literally. This way you have a coupe with a quick hop-in option.
Maybe I've gotten old then as that car does not appeal to me. :p

Don't like it. I think they are copying the Mini (Clubman?) which has the two doors and a smaller third door on one side - which I also think is stupid.

Ignoring the boot/trunk, it's 2 front doors or 4 doors for me please. Anything else just seems silly :)

I remember when the Ford F-150 came out with the "third door" and soon GM and Ford were fighting the "Door Wars" every year. I also recall a Saturn coupe from the eary 2000s that had a third door.

My family had an old Town & Country minivan that had the third door. It was the squarish model from the early 1990s, before the redesign that introduced the fourth door.

Top Bottom