Add-on Threadst List Widget (BD Widget)

DRE

Can any of you kindly share or if you are a developer, create a thread's list widget for the awesome and most popular addon on xenforo, @xfrocks BD Widget Framework? Unfortunately, the existing thread's list widgets for BD Widget Framework does not behave in the same manner as the default xenforo threads list. Instead of showing the latest replied threads, the 'New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does. The other option it gives us, 'New Replies' does show threads with the most recent replies but the problem with that widget is that it does not show the thread author avatar and username, it only shows the last poster's avatar and username.

I've donated other developers in the past to create this exact same widget and each one does not even look like the default threads list when in mobile view. I donated to @lms to do this, he attempted to do this several times but due to outside factors he was unable to finish it. His widget functions the way it should except for the fact that it during responsive mobile view, it does not collapse the thread list block in the same manner of Xenforo's thread list or even in the same manner as xfrocks widget.

I asked @Daniel Hood to create one as well but his version doesn't look nowhere near the same as the Xenforo default thread list and he's too busy with his own Reviews project to work on it. As far as I know, only the threads list widget in @Jaxel XenPorta imitates the default Xenforo threads listing in both regular and mobile view properly. This is great, especially considering that it's a free addon. What isn't great is that I would have to install Xenporta just to use one widget and that ain't cool.

I am using lms widget for now. I've spent hours trying to get it to work the same way as the default thread listing but I don't have skills like that.

Last edited:
I also faced such problems. For example, the proportion is still no widgets Widget MediaCloud and Widget for RecentMedia (XenMedio) - old widgets do not work on the new version of XenForo. For XenZine Articles I also did not find widgets.

Hmm, have you tried the full layout in Threads renderer? It is rendered just like forum_view (it is responsive!). Downside is it does not fit the sidebar though...

Hmm, have you tried the full layout in Threads renderer? It is rendered just like forum_view (it is responsive!). Downside is it does not fit the sidebar though...
Yes I have. Your threads list widget looks great. The sidebar doesn't bother me either. That's not the issue.

Instead of showing the latest replied threads, the 'New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does. The other option it gives us, 'New Replies' does show threads with the most recent replies but the problem with that widget is that it does not show the thread author avatar and username, it only shows the last poster's avatar and username.

It is the sidebar layout. I asked if you tried the list layout :D

View attachment 64334
I have no issue with the layout. It is the Widget Type:

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.21.54 AM.webp

New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does.

That leads me with New Replies...but that widget type does not show the thread author avatar and username like the default forum_view. This causes confusion for most members.

I have no issue with the layout. It is the Widget Type:

View attachment 64343

New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does.

That leads me with New Replies...but that widget type does not show the thread author avatar and username like the default forum_view. This causes confusion for most members.
If you choose the "List" layout, it will render exactly like in forum_view (in fact, it states that in the selection box: "similar to forum_view"). I was asking if you have ever tried that layout?

FYI, "Layout" and "Widget Type" are two different options of the Threads renderer.

If you choose the "List" layout, it will render exactly like in forum_view (in fact, it states that in the selection box: "similar to forum_view"). I was asking if you have ever tried that layout?

FYI, "Layout" and "Widget Type" are two different options of the Threads renderer.
Yes. I always do. I know layout and widget type are different options. It is the widget type I'm having issues with. None of the widget type function like the forum_view.

Yes. I always do. I know layout and widget type are different options. It is the widget type I'm having issues with. None of the widget type function like the forum_view.
So which Layout are you using now?

When I was using it I used List (similar to forum_view)

I'm not using the thread list bd widget though due to it not replicating the forum_view.
Hmm, that's strange because for List layout, it should show up exactly like in forum_view...

I took 2 screenshots for you: normal size and narrow size. The widget is of type "Latest Replies", "List" layout.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 3.12.15 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 3.12.15 PM.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 3.12.31 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 3.12.31 PM.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 51
Hmm, that's strange because for List layout, it should show up exactly like in forum_view...

I took 2 screenshots for you: normal size and narrow size. The widget is of type "Latest Replies", "List" layout.
When I say by not replicating the forum_view, I don't mean it's looks.

The layout is fine.

The way it looks is fine.

There's nothing wrong with the layout.

When I say by not replicating the forum_view, I don't mean it's looks.

The layout is fine.

The way it looks is fine.

There's nothing wrong with the layout.
So what is the problem? :D I thought you asked for a list with poster name + avatar instead of last replier name/avatar?

So what is the problem? :D I thought you asked for a list with poster name + avatar instead of last replier name/avatar?
No. This whole time I've been asking for a 'New Replies' widget type that shows the thread author avatar and username.

Your new replies widget doesn't do that. It only shows the last poster avatar and username.

Your screenshot does not show who the thread author is.

Your "New Replies" widget does not show the thread author.

It does not show it even if configured to use the List layout.

That is the problem.
Ah, now I see what you meant :D

Top Bottom