Threadloom Sold to VS. Alternatives?

$15mill & some on the backend gives VS a pretty healthy peak into our forums :mad::mad::mad:

Indeed .. and all that data/content from TL customer sites that TL re-used for commercial purposes, VS will do that on steroids now.
I’ve already removed the TH add-on from my site and dropped the DNS records they required. They don’t have an option on their site to delete your account. I replied to the email above asking how to do that and they replied that they could process the deletion of my content and account.

They didn’t support the version of vB I was on so they were a big part of why I made the switch to XF. I don’t blame them for building and selling a business ….. they just sold to the worst possible place. 🙄

Oh that's a shame, I really like their newsletter plug-in, but will probably continue to use reluctantly unless suitable alternative pops up.

Oh that's a shame, I really like their newsletter plug-in, but will probably continue to use reluctantly unless suitable alternative pops up.
Their newsletter was pretty much made obsolete by for me with 2.2 and the emails it sends out. Especially with the fact you can add content from add-ons in those emails.

So TAZ has another new owner now?

And the verdict is in…

Hello all,

Some of you may have seen the press release that discusses the planned acquisition of Threadloom by VerticalScope. With that exciting news, it also means TheAdminZone is expected to become a part of VerticalScope.

We're excited about the additional resources this will make available to TAZ, including over a decade of community management experience, as well as additional community leaders and knowledge.

More details to follow. Thank you for your patience as we transition to the next chapter for TAZ.

Chris

$15mill & some on the backend gives VS a pretty healthy peak into our forums :mad::mad::mad:
I haven't used threadloom for a while but this caused me to uninstall and not just disable and ask them to remove me from their site which they say they will but haven't yet.

Top Bottom