Threadloom Search for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

Hi @dbembibre - You're correct, the indexing starts automatically once you install and we send you an email after the index is done. Index builds usually take 6-12 hours. That estimate holds for a forum of your size, but as @viper357 and @Amphicar770 can attest, it can vary. Your server settings make a big difference.

Our indexer runs continuously in the background until the index is complete, unless it gets interrupted by a timeout. If it does it tries again every hour by default. If you have a short timeout setting, it'll take longer to build your index. There are a couple of ways to get around this. (1) you can set the Threadloom scheduled task to run more frequently so there's less lag between timeout and restart (easiest approach, solves 85% of the timeout lag) or (2) you can adjust your server timeout, which we have some instructions for here. Most of the time none of this is necessary, but if you have any questions feel free to post, PM me, or better yet email us at support@threadloom.com so our whole team sees it right away.

The email contains the preview link.

Hi @threadloom and thanks for your reply, my server is FPM/FastCGI, i have a standard timeout of 30 seconds, i don't want to touch this parameter for whole server, i add to the Sync php file a ini_set('max_execution_time', 3000); In any case i don't see any warn about timeout in my php-fpm logs.

Last edited:
Hi @threadloom and thanks for your reply, my server is FPM/FastCGI, i have a standard timeout of 30 seconds, i don't want to touch this parameter for whole server, i add to the Sync php file a ini_set('max_execution_time', 3000); In any case i don't see any warn about timeout in my php-fpm logs.

Hey @dbembibre, we'll be able to work with this, just replied directly to your PM.

Use both without problems.

If using both then which search engine using by default? @threadloom why Release notes are not updated after 2.0.1? What the change log for current version 2.0.4 ?

Any update for this features?

======================================================
Coming soon:
Image search, localization, thread prefix support, NLP, and more.
======================================================

Last edited:
threadloom updated Threadloom Site Search with a new update entry:

New preview mode + other minor updates

All versions
Threadloom version number now visible in Threadloom portal and plug-in file names.

2.0.4 – released 2017-04-04
This release adds a new demo mode that lets you conduct a single search and simultaneously view the results on Threadloom and standard forum search side by side. Access by going to the Threadloom search page and replacing 'search' with 'demo' in the URL - ex....

Read the rest of this update entry...

If using both then which search engine using by default? @threadloom why Release notes are not updated after 2.0.1? What the change log for current version 2.0.4 ?

Any update for this features?
Hi @Nirjonadda - thanks for your interest in Threadloom. I just updated the release notes earlier today. @dbembibre is correct that you can use both Threadloom and your XF search. Once you enable Threadloom it will take over your default search but users can still access XF search via Advanced Search.

Happy to report prefix support has launched. We're working on the rest!

Hi @Nirjonadda - thanks for your interest in Threadloom. I just updated the release notes earlier today. @dbembibre is correct that you can use both Threadloom and your XF search. Once you enable Threadloom it will take over your default search but users can still access XF search via Advanced Search.

Happy to report prefix support has launched. We're working on the rest!

Great, but why join date and trial end date incorrect?

Trial end date: May 18, 2017
Coupon: 1 year free (100% off for 12 mos.)

Great, but why join date and trial end date incorrect?

Trial end date: May 18, 2017
Coupon: 1 year free (100% off for 12 mos.)

Hi @Nirjonadda - the trial end date is correct and the coupon has been applied to your account, but you're right the join date is wrong. Took a look and appears that we're passing in the wrong date. Fixing this now. Thank you for reporting!

@threadloom Still I am not getting email about index is complete?

Looks like you finished indexing overnight. We do a quick review before sending the email out to make sure everything looks good, so you'll get your notification this morning.

All good so far, looking forward to testing it out more.

Coincidentally I just used the search on Hacker News for the first time today and it seems they're using some kind of cloud based search from https://www.algolia.com

I really like the search results page where you get full posts, with nice clear highlighting of your search term.

Plus it updates in real time with every single keystroke, really cool stuff.

I'm not sure if that's the direction you guys plan to go, but if you're able to draw any inspiration from it, it seems like a very nice search implementation.

https://hn.algolia.com/?query=search&sort=byDate&prefix&page=0&dateRange=all&type=all

Hi @threadloom, I personally am not using this search module - however on another community I visit it appears that thread titles within Threadloom search results are not censoring words which would normally show up censored inside threads/posts.

@threadloom Thanks for this great search addon. I just missed the localization to translate the front-/backend into different languages.. (y)

Thanks @mcatze - glad you like it! We're working on localization.

All good so far, looking forward to testing it out more.

Coincidentally I just used the search on Hacker News for the first time today and it seems they're using some kind of cloud based search from https://www.algolia.com

I really like the search results page where you get full posts, with nice clear highlighting of your search term.

Plus it updates in real time with every single keystroke, really cool stuff.

I'm not sure if that's the direction you guys plan to go, but if you're able to draw any inspiration from it, it seems like a very nice search implementation.

https://hn.algolia.com/?query=search&sort=byDate&prefix&page=0&dateRange=all&type=all

Thanks @RobinHood, instant search is something we’re looking into, keep sending the suggestions.

Hi @threadloom, I personally am not using this search module - however on another community I visit it appears that thread titles within Threadloom search results are not censoring words which would normally show up censored inside threads/posts.

Thanks for reporting @Optic. We'll look into this to make sure we're respecting the censored words list.

@threadloom

I just upgraded to v2.0.6 from my dashboard.

Firstly the status check is now saying there's an error with my key/account name which is not the case. Also the layout has changed quite a bit from v 2.0.1. The left pane is gone for filtering. I actually liked it, is there any way to bring it back and also maintain the filters beneath the search box?

@threadloom

I just upgraded to v2.0.6 from my dashboard.

Firstly the status check is now saying there's an error with my key/account name which is not the case. Also the layout has changed quite a bit from v 2.0.1. The left pane is gone for filtering. I actually liked it, is there any way to bring it back and also maintain the filters beneath the search box?

Hi @ichpen - the status check error should be resolved now. Thank you for reporting it. It was an annoying but fortunately non-critical bug in our status check. Messaged you privately as well.

Sorry to hear that you miss the left-hand forum list pane! We moved to the drop-down filter style because we can add more filters this way without taking up tons of space on the page. We don't currently have plans to bring it back, but we'll keep monitoring for feedback. I hope you like the new prefix, user, and time filters + the addition of type-ahead.

threadloom updated Threadloom Site Search with a new update entry:

New filters!

Snappy and powerful new UI!
  1. Users can now easily filter by forum, user, date, and prefix.
  2. Results update in realtime.
  3. Supports type-ahead.
To install, download Threadloom v2.06 from https://portal.threadloom.com/!

Filter drop-down:
View attachment 152747

Multi-select + type-ahead:
View attachment 152745

Date-picker:
View attachment 152749

Filters in use:
View attachment 152746

Demo at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom