Threadloom Newsletter for XenForo 2.x [Deleted]

You can access your community's dashboard by going to https://threadloom.com/dashboard/forums (you must login to your account)

You then click on Newsletter -> Settings. Once all of the newsletter cards show a green done, you will be able to enable newsletter. You do not have to enable List Builder to enable Newsletter. List Builder is a tool for growing your audience, and community reach.

I have just had an email to say indexing is complete.

I would advise the manual on installation is updated a little, I was looking for the connection OK when it seems it wasnt needed.

Also I had a warning that the file health check couldn't be performed as a file was missing.

If I have any other issues I'll submit a ticket.

@threadloom - just had the following error;

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template admin:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 618, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(618): trigger_error('Template admin:...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('admin', 'threadloom_sear...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1300): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('admin', 'threadloom_sear...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1374): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('threadloom_sear...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/tools_rebuild.php(97): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('admin:threadloo...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XenMake\StyleProperty\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('tools_rebuild', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Tools\\Rebuil...', 'admin:tools_reb...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?tools/rebuild"
  ["referrer"] => string(69) "****/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/rebuild"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@threadloom - just had the following error;

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template admin:...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 618, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(618): trigger_error('Template admin:...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('admin', 'threadloom_sear...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1300): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('admin', 'threadloom_sear...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1374): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('threadloom_sear...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/tools_rebuild.php(97): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('admin:threadloo...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XenMake\StyleProperty\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('tools_rebuild', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Tools\\Rebuil...', 'admin:tools_reb...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?tools/rebuild"
  ["referrer"] => string(69) "****/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/rebuild"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Can you give me the top part of the error? At what step did this occur? Installation?

I cleared the error, however this is post installation.

Will update if it happens again
We are testing an updated version that takes care of the issues you ran into. Hopefully will have it posted shortly. Please let me know if you have any other issues between now and then.

Can you also create your own newsletter message or does this addon only send best content?
Our newsletter has the option to include a versatile paragraph/post/advertisement at the top of the newsletter, but it will contain the pulled content that was selected beneath that. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Would I be able to copy the HTML that the newsletter generates and use it elsewhere? I use Sendy to send my weekly newsletters, could I copy the generated news code and paste it into Sendy?

Hi @JamesBrown

Our system is intended to used instead of Sendy. We use Sendgrid, run your lists through KickBox, and monitor your sends to get you removed from any blacklists or spam traps that you may land on. We also offer a free 25k sends per month per account. After that, it's $0.20 per 1000 sends. We find even the sites that have 300k users, rarely do they send to more than a fraction of the users active in the last 5 years.

That said, you have access to the newsletter HTML in a preview mode, and could not guarantee what you are looking to do would work.

On Install. I get

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] file_get_contents(/var/www/vhosts/mysite.co.uk/httpdocs/forum/src/addons/Threadloom/Search/_data/cron.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in src/XF/Util/Xml.php at line 20
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in src/XF/Util/Xml.php at line 20
  3. XF\Util\Xml::openFile() insrc/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 53
  4. XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->openTypeFile() insrc/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 60
  5. XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
  6. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line195
  7. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
  8. XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  15. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi @JamesBrown

It looks like there might be an issue with your server permissions. If you navigate in your favorite FTP browser to forum/src/addons/Threadloom/Search/_data/

You will see a list of files. There are two files that need to be changed to have 644 permissions.

cron.xml and options.xml
Once you have made the changes via FTP you can continue the installation.

Thanks.

Threadloom options wants me to turn on Threadloom Search. However I am not installing the search function rather the Newsletter. Also

I have this in Status Check Environment Warning: Threadloom recommends setting FcgidBusyTimeout and FcgidIOTimeout to 3000 or higher.

Threadloom options gives you the option to enable Search, however not required. We use one plugin to power all of our products.

For that status, you may want to contact your server admin, with the following change to be made:
How do I modify my FastCGI timeouts using WHM/cPanel?

If you are using mod_fcgid, go to WHM > Apache Configuration > Include Editor, and under the "Pre VirtualHost Include" section, enter the following:

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
FcgidBusyTimeout 3000
FcgidIOTimeout 3000
</IfModule>
You can find more about that here, near the bottom of the page.

How do I edit the following?

Subject line

Preview text

Intro paragraph

Outro paragraph

You may edit those items during the preview time for the newsletter. Have you accessed the review section of the newsletter issue which you can setup up those items except preview text which is taken from the first content?
If you click on preview of newsletters from the dashboard it gives you access to those options as well.

I missed that time because I was asleep as it defaults to 2am. Shouldn't there text be a global option in settings?

Top Bottom