XF 1.2 Thread View: Sub-forum list using lots of real estate - how to reduce?

CTXMedia

We have a number of sub-forums in the Bikes section of CycleChat but when you visit the Bikes forum the sub-forum listings take up lots of screen space at the top, pushing the threads quite far down:

upload_2013-9-23_16-2-41.webp

Is there an easy way to re-style the sub-forum links so they are smaller / simpler - bringing the Bikes forum threads up the screen?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. I did try a search for sub-forum but the threads all seemed to relate to the forum home page.

How would you like to restyle it?

It would be fairly simple either by editing the template or using EXTRA.css but you will most likely have to remove some of the content to make a significant difference.

TBH all of the stuff on the right can go and so can the discussion / message totals underneath each sub-link. Then put them into two columns so it reduces the overall sub-forum footprint height ... if that's not asking too much?

I have this same issue. One thought I've had was doing it this way. It would be designed to drop the ones on the end down a line as the browser window gets smaller (responsive).

sub-forum_listing.webp

A quick look at the resource shows the node IDs are specifically required.

You should be able to do it just using the class names, eliminating the need to create specific CSS for each forum and update it when nodes are added or removed.

Top Bottom