1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread view count

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Michael J, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Michael J

Michael J Member

Is there anything special that i need to do to get thread view counts to update themselves? They have all been at 1 ever since they were created and i know for a fact they have been viewed by guests and members.

2. Michael J

Michael J Member

Apologies for the bad thread title, i wasn't thinking straight.

Just to update: it seems the only way to update the thread view count is to change the cron schedule and then run manually. I tried running manually before changing the cron scheduling, but that wouldnt work. Hope someone can shed some light into this. Thanks.

Btw, i have xenforo 1.0.2 installed.
  3. Michael J

Michael J Member

This is really strange. I refresh specific threads and and run the cron manually and the view counts seem to be updating. Why now???? I have had other views on a lot of those threads that have not been counted. I dont know why it seems to be counting views now.

Also, automatic cron still doesnt work. I have tried with setting it to update every minute - no updates at all.