Lack of interest Thread Tools

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

kkm323

• Show Printable Version
  • Email this Thread <-- [ xf 1.1 you can now email POST via addthis ]
  • Share this with friends within the community (via the alert system)
  • Bookmarks [ xf 1.1 you can now share POST via addthis ]
  • Quick Navigation: Frome a forum to the other <--[already exist]
any/all of these features are important and would like to see them in XF

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Does the new permalink overlay fulfil this request?
I don't think so, addthis doesn't share post or thread within the community via alerts or xf conversation. It doesn't provide a clean print page layout without signature and extra spaces.
Untitled-2.webp
  • Show Printable Version
  • Email this Thread <-- [ xf 1.1 you can now email POST via addthis ]
  • Share this with friends within the community (via the alert system)
  • Bookmarks [ xf 1.1 you can now share POST via addthis ]
  • Quick Navigation: Frome a forum to the other <--[already exist]

Click the permalink on the post -> #22 in this case.
Dialog appears in Opera, but there is no printed version after clicking "print".

I think, this is too complicated, unclear solution. IMHO, the best variant is to add printer icon (and link) near "Watch Thread" which opens dialog "Select posts" (from 1 to last by deafault). And some laconic print.css.

I'm sorry you have to click on it. Got it. I would just add picture buttons. As nobody would ever figure it out unless click on it :)
Can I do it?

:) Ok.
You know my next question, don't you :notworthy:

Basically this is what i want - buttons for each site i'd like to add... or share this button
tweet_link-png.13484

Thank you Brogan. Most definitely will look into it.

Meanwhile, note: apparently existing implemented feature of "share this button" works for thread instead of particular post. Is it a bug?

It doesn't, it works for individual posts.

I have tested this on Facebook and confirmed as much.

I just need a simple printout of the messages (ala the old vB Thread Tools -> Show Printable Version) in a thread. I honestly do use this daily.

This is a must.

After a google search and landing on some vB site I head straight for the Printable version, no campy smilies or avatars or animated signatures pure black and white content. Bliss.

Top Bottom