1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Thread tools > edit thread > lock?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Neil E., May 18, 2016.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Every time I use Thread Tools > Edit Thread and make a change to the thread title, the topic always changes from open to locked. Note that the "open" check box always has a tick before the editing is performed. The tick disappears during the edit and I have to go back into Thread Tools > Edit Thread a second time to redo the tick in the "open" check box. If I forget to do this the topic stays locked and I get complaints from users asking why the topic was locked!

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I do not want the topic to become locked.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any add-ons installed or have you customised the templates?

It sounds like a customisation of some sort is involved.
  3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I only have 3 addons: Advanced Search, Robots and Enable Debug From Admin Home. I doubt they are involved. I do have many customized templates via TM core. Can you point me to the template that would handle Thread Tools?
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

thread_view template.

Out of curiosity what happens if you edit the thread title from the discussion list and save?
  5. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I do not have the ability to edit the thread title in the discussion list. When I tick the "select thread" checkbox, edit title is not in the Other Actions > Moderation List. Is this what you are referring to Steve?

Discussion List.jpg
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

Duh, completely forgot about that edit location, thanks Brogan. It works well, the "open" checkbox stays ticked during and after the edit.

8. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I have four TMs on thread_view. All are pretty basic. I doubt the problem is with them. More likely in a template that handles the function of the specific thread tools.

thread view 1.jpg thread view 2.jpg thread view 3.jpg thread view 4.jpg