Thread titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieChun

I noticed that XenForo doesn't include the forum name in the thread title. Just topic and board name. Does the admin panel include an option to change that? I am worried that omitting forum names from titles will have bad consequences for SEO.

Am I missing something?

I don't see why Brogan's answer was unprofessional.

I had already answered the question. If anything, Brogan was just affirming my original post which contained pretty much the only answer the original poster needed. Nothing unprofessional here.

It would be better to have a Pre-Sales forum staffed with people who have experience in sales. If you made a potential customer feel uncomfortable or unwelcome (and a combative attitude, coupled with information that is plain wrong, will do that) then yes, it's unprofessional.

Here's the kind of response that would probably be more conducive to a sale:

"Hi there! We understand that SEO is a huge priority for site owners and that SEO needs vary from customer to customer. While XenForo doesn't display forum names in the thread title out of the box, it is an extremely easy modification, and our community members will be happy to guide you through it. That said, XenForo is designed with SEO in mind and routinely outperforms other forum packages in parameters X, Y, and Z. I think if you try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results."

Well...Brogan is just a forum moderator, not a sales agent or someone that represents the company.
Agreed - and we all know that. That is one of the problems I have with the "Staff" banner. It makes it appear that the individual is an actual xenForo staff member (which when I think of staff I think of official employee). It would be better to reflect Forum Staff Member and maintain Staff Member for the actual official employees of xenForo. So I can actually see where @JackieChun is coming from.

It would be better to have a Pre-Sales forum staffed with people who have experience in sales. If you made a potential customer feel uncomfortable or unwelcome (and a combative attitude, coupled with information that is plain wrong, will do that) then yes, it's unprofessional.

Here's the kind of response that would probably be more conducive to a sale:

"Hi there! We understand that SEO is a huge priority for site owners and that SEO needs vary from customer to customer. While XenForo doesn't display forum names in the thread title out of the box, it is an extremely easy modification, and our community members will be happy to guide you through it. That said, XenForo is designed with SEO in mind and routinely outperforms other forum packages in parameters X, Y, and Z. I think if you try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results."

XenForo speaks for itself really. The fact that the community gets behind threads and helps answer them efficiently, means that we don't need conducive sales responses.

This thread has gone off topic, and the original sales question has been answered.

The forum moderators are an extension of XenForo as a company and should be treated as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom