Thread title manager

Thread title manager [Paid] 2.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Thread title manager - Manages appearance of thread titles.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Manages appearance of thread titles.

This add-on will remove emoji characters from the thread title. In addition it will capitalize the first character of...

Read more about this resource...

Needs a tweak (a little additional regex)...

If I use this as a thread title:

Help 🤦‍♂️

This is the result:

1607446810644.webp

I've been working on similar regex for a spam filter (to catch international character sets) and the emoji seem to be scattered about.

Can you please add suport for...
  • Romanize titles
Just like xenforo default feature for urls...
If selected, accented and non-Latin characters in a URL will be converted to Latin equivalents if possible.

Can you please add suport for...
  • Romanize titles
Just like xenforo default feature for urls...
If selected, accented and non-Latin characters in a URL will be converted to Latin equivalents if possible.
Unfortunately that leaves out forums that are not US-based. Even my US-based forums use accented characters in thread titles every so often if they are discussing a song title, a brand (like Espolön tequila), even names of people who are from other countries. (We have a lot of global visitors.) If the URL is romanized, that's fine, but we'd rather keep the thread title intact.

I can easily modify the add-on to include it as an option, or comment the code out so, it's not a big deal for me.

Reactions: rdn
It's been several months since I looked at this, but I believe the add-on "listens" to the editor, so, it affects only new thread titles, without changing existing thread titles.

I have a problem with this Andy. There is no device called IPhone yet the addon is reverting my iPhone title to IPhone. Same as i5, i7 etc.

Hi Andy,

I noticed that French characters do not translate in the titles. However they do show in text. For example ö in this case. It turns into "oe".

Is this something your addon has a hand in? We are using it on our forum (v1.8). If so, is it possible to enable the use of French characters without converting them to something else?

Thanks!

Andre

UPDATE: Andy already had a "fix."

In the addon settings, set "Allowed Characters" to "Extended." Thanks Andy! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom