Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) [Deleted]

To the first two questions, yes to both.

So far as the 3rd question, I can't duplicate the problem. But no, there isn't any way to add a member back into their own thread because there's no way to remove them from their own thread in the first place.

If someone can tell you exactly what happened when they were removed, that would help. Or if there is an error recorded, the stack trace would help too.

I will have a closer look at the problem tomorrow just to be sure.

Thanks for your reply.

It's all gone quite at the moment and unfortunately I deleted the server errors.

This is what was said if it helps:

This is the 3rd time that I have been locked out of my own thread by adding new members!
clear.png

It was suggested to me that when adding a new member, add myself again. So I did, and I still got removed from my own thread! There must be an error in the program somewhere, as I know I'm not alone with this problem. I am being very careful when I do this, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
clear.png
Is there a limit of members?

It may have something to do with, when adding a new name, my own name disappears. I've tried re-adding it but still get the error. Or, maybe its with the commas?

Thanks for your reply.

It's all gone quite at the moment and unfortunately I deleted the server errors.

This is what was said if it helps:

This is the 3rd time that I have been locked out of my own thread by adding new members!
clear.png

It was suggested to me that when adding a new member, add myself again. So I did, and I still got removed from my own thread! There must be an error in the program somewhere, as I know I'm not alone with this problem. I am being very careful when I do this, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
clear.png
Is there a limit of members?

It may have something to do with, when adding a new name, my own name disappears. I've tried re-adding it but still get the error. Or, maybe its with the commas?
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking at it in the morning.

OH, and FYI the original thread starter's name should never appear in the allowed member list when adding members. The original thread starter is automatically included and doesn't need to be added again.

@Snog - is there any chance you could come up with a version of this add-on that would let you list people that you don't want to access the thread, instead of those who you do? (ie, inverse of the way it works now.)

In our case, there are a couple of users who we'd prefer not participate on certain threads, and this would seem like an easy way to keep them out, while giving everyone else access.

thanks!

@Snog - is there any chance you could come up with a version of this add-on that would let you list people that you don't want to access the thread, instead of those who you do? (ie, inverse of the way it works now.)

In our case, there are a couple of users who we'd prefer not participate on certain threads, and this would seem like an easy way to keep them out, while giving everyone else access.

thanks!
This has been asked for before. At this time it is on a wish list, but it is not planned to be done any time soon.

I was wondering if there would be a way to disable these features: Moderators can not view all private threads, and only the original thread starter can make a thread private/public?

I think this add-on would solve a major issue for us, but only if those changes are made. We have a market forum, but have made a rule that requires members to post a pic of whatever they are selling with a note listing the date and their username. When they forget to follow that rule the mods end up soft deleting their thread and it just leads to a moderation headache. It would be nice if the market mods could make the thread private, let the OP know he needs to edit his thread, then the mod could make the thread public once the changes have been made.

Top Bottom