• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

thread index css

So I'm trying to add some padding to the thread index to the right of the individual posts. How would I go about doing this?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Try this.

Code:
margin-right: {xen:calc '@sidebar.width + 10'}px;
Actually, that may not work if it's inside the main content div (I haven't checked your site).

steel_curtain

It can be positioned that way, but depends how you want to achieve that. The stats area you're adding padding to sits inside the mainContent div, which has a right margin of 260 px from the right side of the main container. So, say you want to move it to the left X pixels you increase the right margin, or decrease if you want to move it closer.

Code:
.mainContent {
margin-right: 270px;
}
So I tried with this, and It works to some degree, but what I am really trying to do is prevent overlap when I make the browser screen smaller or use a computer with a lower resolution etc.

steel_curtain

You have some odd settings with your margins and what have you, but adding this to extra.css should achieve the desired effect. Tested in chrome and firefox.

Code:
.sidebar {
    margin-left: -25px !important;
}