• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thoughts about IE 10 on Windows 7 or 2008 R2?

Phillip

The speed improvement of IE10 on Windows 7 is significant. So far the browser is much more stable without periodic freezes as well. The built-in spell check is nice too. Highly recommend the upgrade.

Shelley

It's still showing up as IE9 on my win7 install is this an auto update? because i'm not being given the option or do i need to go elsewhere to install it?

Shamil

I've had this on my work machine for at least a week. I've moved back from Chrome to IE, for performance reasons. I tend to have about 8 or 9 tabs open across three Chrome windows, an IDE open, Excel, Keepass, Outlook and a few other things open at any time.

Adam Howard

While she'll likely never use it... I installed it today on my sister's computer when I formated & re-installed windows 7 (she needed a re-install).

Fufu

The speed improvement of IE10 on Windows 7 is significant. So far the browser is much more stable without periodic freezes as well. The built-in spell check is nice too. Highly recommend the upgrade.
Built-in spell check?! o_O
How long did that feature take to finally be implement?! :ROFLMAO:

Fufu

I've had this on my work machine for at least a week. I've moved back from Chrome to IE, for performance reasons. I tend to have about 8 or 9 tabs open across three Chrome windows, an IDE open, Excel, Keepass, Outlook and a few other things open at any time.
Understandable Shamil on the multiple instances running at one-time.
How does it preform/handle in the dynamic memory area?
Once one closes a tab, does IE dynamically recalculate the memory or does it still accumulate?

Nice to know we have to deal with very little to no hacks whatsoever with IE10. I especially liked that.

IE9 is a game changer, but IE10 was what really caught up.