This is what I hate about shared hosting!

Gregory Lynn

You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 5 times

Some one please tell me how this happens to a forum with 4 members! I am switching hosts to XFhost I am just waiting for my account info.

Greg

P.S. the most members I had online at once was 18!

It happens because instead of hosts using CloudLinux to prevent abuse, they bring out the hammer and slap ridiculous limits on all the accounts. As a side-effect, this also allows hosts to hit you for upgrades to VPS, etc.
Last year I had my own server and I regret selling it. There is nothing like having full server resources. But so far I am very pleased with xFhost. Mike has been more then helpful and my website runs great. I just went with his service today as long as I don't have any problems I plan on staying with him and upgrading my service when I need to upgrade instead of buying another server.

Greg

It happens because instead of hosts using CloudLinux to prevent abuse, they bring out the hammer and slap ridiculous limits on all the accounts. As a side-effect, this also allows hosts to hit you for upgrades to VPS, etc.
Really? I only notice problems on CloudLinux

Last year I had my own server and I regret selling it. There is nothing like having full server resources. But so far I am very pleased with xFhost. Mike has been more then helpful and my website runs great. I just went with his service today as long as I don't have any problems I plan on staying with him and upgrading my service when I need to upgrade instead of buying another server.

Greg

Thank you for the very nice words :D Glad all is up and running for you now and that your noticing your site to be loading faster.

Really? I only notice problems on CloudLinux

That is exactly my point. A lot of hosts don't use it properly. The only time you should ever notice problems on CloudLinux is if you are truly abusing the server's resources (i.e. one of those folks who think they should get a dedicated server's amount of resources, on a $2.99/mo. "unlimited" plan).

Unfortunately, a lot of hosts are using CloudLinux to cram thousands of accounts onto each server, and in doing so, they place ridiculous limits (extremely low resource maxima) on accounts that really shouldn't be any problem. That's where a normal user starts noticing issues, that they should never experience. A convenient byproduct of that is of course upselling clients to something other than shared hosting.

That is exactly my point. A lot of hosts don't use it properly. The only time you should ever notice problems on CloudLinux is if you are truly abusing the server's resources (i.e. one of those folks who think they should get a dedicated server's amount of resources, on a $2.99/mo. "unlimited" plan).

Unfortunately, a lot of hosts are using CloudLinux to cram thousands of accounts onto each server, and in doing so, they place ridiculous limits (extremely low resource maxima) on accounts that really shouldn't be any problem. That's where a normal user starts noticing issues, that they should never experience. A convenient byproduct of that is of course upselling clients to something other than shared hosting.
I agree, but unfortunately that seems to be the standard norm among the majority of most web hosting service providers ... ie... Over sell things to death.

Granted, I can respect that a little over selling when done right, can be affective and profitable. Because the vast majority of customers are not going to use the 10 GB worth of space or the 500 GB of bandwidth offered at $15 (example). But most host as you say, don't do it right.

Top Bottom