XF 2.2 Third party support issues regarding the emails

thesignalman

This is very important as members need the emails to work if they need a password reset or for forum notifications. I had to change my forum email from a GMail to an outlook email due to google discontinuing their third party support. When I changed the forum information to outlook email, everything was fine and dandy for a week until outlook gave me a notification saying that my account has been locked due to some "suspicious activity". When I unlocked my account, the forum stopped sending emails and it was reported in the server error log. Anyone know if Xenforro has a plug specifically made for emails or if they have a special service that hosts their own emails so I won't have to worry about any platforms giving me a hard time with third party support? This is extremely frustrating, help would be greatly appreciated.

Gmail and outlook are free services for personal use. So you shouldn't use it for sending forum emails.
Normally, you would create an email adres with your hosting provider that matches your domain. They will provide a SMTP server for sending mails.
If this is not possible (that would be weird) then you need an external mail service. For example MXroute or Amazone SES.

google discontinuing their third party support
Why not just activate 2-factor authentication and then use a Google app password? That should still be working.

Edit: Same time posting as Mr. Jinx. I agree best way is to use your domain email address. Unless it's Xenforo hosted/cloud. Don't know if they have anything for it.

Gmail and outlook are free services for personal use. So you shouldn't use it for sending forum emails.
Normally, you would create an email adres with your hosting provider that matches your domain. They will provide a SMTP server for sending mails.
If this is not possible (that would be weird) then you need an external mail service. For example MXroute or Amazone SES.

My website is hosted by namecheap. I'll see if they can set up a service for me for the forum emails.

Top Bottom