1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Long Terms: forum/link forum/page or page in tab?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Core Freedom, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

I'm creating a separate area for premium members that features more of a library with eBooks, videos, etc. There will be flip books (html), videos, workshops, etc.

Each book/workshop, etc., would need to be preceded with a quick introduction (2-4 sentences about that the course is about). And the books are here to stir conversation amongst members.

Right now I've built the 'skeleton' using following structure:

Academy (category)
    - library (forum)
    - book title 1 (child forum)
    - book title 2 (child forum)
    - workshops (forum)

Is there a better strategy to build what potentially could become a huge library?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

If it's going to be a huge library as you state, I would not recommend using forums, at all. See this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/lots-of-sub-boards.22619/

You'd be better off using a XenForo Page (or multiple), getting someone to change this modification: Change "forums" route to "view" | XenForo Community to change /pages/ to /library/ then creating an A-Z (such as domain.com/library/a

then you can index your books into A-Z, and store them as separate files or create some kind of integrated system.
    Core Freedom likes this.
  3. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Thank you James. :)