Thinking about Switching Host

Alfuzzy

Thinking about switching to a different host for my server...and had a question about LiteSpeed Web server. What I'm reading...if Apache is replaced with LiteSpeed Web server...you can "Double your maximum capacity".

The host I'm looking at has 6 levels of VPS server...I'm considering three options:

Option #1:

4 cores
8GB RAM

Option #2:
6 cores
10GB RAM

Option #3:
8 cores
12GB RAM

Thus if LiteSpeed Web Server were installed (instead of Apache). Could someone thinking of going with Option #3...maybe drop back to Option #2 or Option #1...and get similar performance?

Thanks

IONOS (1and1) offers a real dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth, Dual 960GB SSD and AMD CPU for $100 per month. The pricing at Hawkhost is not competitive whether you get your commission or not.

I am not an affiliate and I do not earn any payback for recommending them although I have personal experience.

Which host?
I was thinking about a VPS plan from KnownHost.com. They seem to be highly recommended by many Xenforo members here.

Any opinion regarding KnownHost vs. IONOS?

Thanks

p.s. Anyone have experience with the LiteSpeed Web Server product...and if it's worth adding to a plan?

I've only used the latter, but on price alone, it seems a better deal.

IONOS gives you Plesk Obsidian, which also includes nginx as a proxy server.

You can check my sites listed in my signature to gauge the performance level from the $100 product.

I've been happily using Litespeed Enterprise for years, but couldn't say if you would actually reduce your resource-utilization. You might consider sharing your site details/traffic with the Litespeed and let them advise.

You might consider sharing your site details/traffic with the Litespeed and let them advise.
Probably not a bad idea to contact the LiteSpeed folks to see what they have to say.:)

I usually like more objective opinions (which is why I posted here). Since you know if you contact the manufacturer/developer of many things...usually everything is going to be "Rainbows🌈 & Unicorns🦄"...and and rarely any downsides. Lol

Thanks

No, which package is suitable for you depends on the number of members, messages and threads.
Generally speaking yes of course.:)

Actually (I think)...number of threads...number of messages...and number of members is only important in terms of how much disk space is needed for the database.

# of CPU's, # of cores, and amount of RAM is important depending on website traffic.

If a website had a big database...but not that much traffic...a powerful server package may not be needed...just need a lot of disk space. But of course again...with many server packages...large disk space generally comes pre-bundled with a more powerful server.:)

Please correct me if I have that wrong.:)

Generally speaking yes of course.:)

Actually (I think)...number of threads...number of messages...and number of members is only important in terms of how much disk space is needed for the database.

# of CPU's, # of cores, and amount of RAM is important depending on website traffic.

If a website had a big database...but not that much traffic... a powerful server package may not be needed...just need a lot of disk space. But of course again...with many server packages...large disk space generally comes pre-bundled with a more powerful server.:)

Please correct me if I have that wrong.:)
Operating a big board would also require powerful server. But yes, mostly base on traffic.

Top Bottom