XF 2.1 There's a way to remove stopwords?

Exactly. I have a board game forum there are some games (like Above the sun) that the users can't search (above is a stopword).
I want ot remove all the stopwords because in this way the search feature is very limitating.

Exactly. I have a board game forum there are some games (like Above the sun) that the users can't search (above is a stopword).
I want ot remove all the stopwords because in this way the search feature is very limitating.
Are you using ElasticSearch? If so, should be easy to do. If you are relying on the default mySQL search - you pretty much have to live with it.

No i do t use elastisearch. Is a mod?
No, it's a 1st party add-on that extends the default mySQL search. It's recommended for large communities, but also resolves some of the issues you asked about. It will require a VPS (or access to) running ElasticSearch... and then the add-on to interface with it.

You can somewhat fix the issues with mySQL, but that generally means you need to compile it from source.

You can adjust the stopwords on MySQL side if you have access to the server configuration):

If you do not have access to the server configuration there is no way to change this.

Keep in mind that XenForo also has its own hardcoded stopword list (which also includes above), if you want to get rid of this you'd need a class extension to override method XF\Search\Source\MySqlFt::getStopWords

Top Bottom