ThePokémon.Zone

What a bland and boring site. I say that because it's a Pokémon Go site, do you know how easy it is to make a style that really stands out for the topic? You put no effort in it at all, so I have to ask why post it here now, why not later when you make it stand out... unless that is all you got... just another theme that makes XF appear that it is nothing but a piece on boring software that can not be styled to make it unique.

What a bland and boring site. I say that because it's a Pokémon Go site, do you know how easy it is to make a style that really stands out for the topic? You put no effort in it at all, so I have to ask why post it here now, why not later when you make it stand out... unless that is all you got... just another theme that makes XF appear that it is nothing but a piece on boring software that can not be styled to make it unique.

Very new, just now opened.

Lots to do, feel free to join in and voice your ideas and opinions.

Again.... I just posted to let any Trainer know it was opened and they could join in. I don't have nearly as many hours to devote to working on a site as I once had. I put up the base, the base forum listing. Pretty much it. My full time job and my son comes way before this hobby.

I don't recall any theme I have ever finished looking boring, so I'm not to worried once I get started and have some time.

Appreciate your input though (y), hopefully I'll have more added that will change your opinion.

http://thepokemon.zone

Figured it was time to get back at a site.....

Very new, just now opened.

If you play Pokémon Go and would like to chat, hit the place up. Still adding as we speak, but i figured those that play could have a place to hang out.

Lots to do, feel free to join in and voice your ideas and opinions.

More to come posted here as its released there.

Thanks.
I feel like you're trolling.........

That doesn't mean @Sheldon is trolling. Also as he stated he hasn't had time yet due to work and his son to really get into customizing his site yet but I can say one thing when he does it will look pretty sweet.

Perhaps it would have been best to not post this here.... rough crowd... :)

I feel like you're trolling.........

@MasonK I'm definitely not. I don't know the status of your site (other than what @Ernest L. Defoe just posted, not sure what Pokemon Evolution is about, nor do I care about any of that as it has no bearing on what I am doing). I installed Pokemon Go on July 13th, played for almost a week while on vacation, became hooked. My son, myself, and my fiance all play the game as a treasure hunt. Nothing more. We enjoy it. I decided to use what XF skills and ideas I had to develop a site based on what we enjoy. I have never played any other Pokemon game, I barely understand what this one is about. All I know, is it brings the three of us together and we all have a great time walking around with our phones laughing at one another.

Because I am actually working on a site with some substance.

I'd like to think I am "actually working on a site with some substance" as well. I clearly posted the site was new, clearly stated there was more to come. I don't have the time I once had, but I'd like to get back to enjoying XenForo.

If you have any ideas or critiques you'd like to talk about, I'd love to hear about it. I hope your site is a success and has all the growth you can handle.

y son, myself, and my fiance all play the game as a treasure hunt. Nothing more. We enjoy it.
I'm glad, that's what it is all about and some people dismiss the game because they think it is missing something else or isn't what it was "advertised" as.

Perhaps it would have been best to not post this here.... rough crowd... :)
I couldn't agree more now that I look back at that post, if you're talking about my post though :)

All I know, is it brings the three of us together and we all have a great time walking around with our phones laughing at one another.
That's great to hear as it also has done the same with my family and my whole city (surprisingly, considering where I live).

I'd like to think I am "actually working on a site with some substance" as well. I clearly posted the site was new, clearly stated there was more to come. I don't have the time I once had, but I'd like to get back to enjoying XenForo.
That's the only reason I really said what I did in my first post, because I feel that you shouldn't have promoted the site until you had more time. That's just my opinion, dismiss it if you want.

If you have any ideas or critiques you'd like to talk about, I'd love to hear about it. I hope your site is a success and has all the growth you can handle.
A few ideas off the top of my head is of course: content, more customization to the style to apply to the niche and make it stand out (saw your post above), articles/news about the games, contests (like best timed photo), maybe giveaways (ex. iTunes gift cards, Google Play gift cards, etc.), and a mapping coordinates application so that people can report areas that Pokémon have been spotted, as well as PokéStops and Gyms.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I wish you all the best as well and hope that your site succeeds considering the market that you could tap into. I would actually help with posting content because of the fact I believe you could really grow the site, but I don't have enough time on my hands to do that.

I didn't mean to come off as a jerk I just like to see forums succeed, especially Pokémon forums, so I thought I would give my honest opinion.

Finally decided on a theme, I'll be using Corp. by @Mike Creuzer and @ThemeHouse . I've never gone wrong using them, so I will continue to keep on that line.

I've played around with it a little, but I think I've got the look I want started. It will be minimal... not much changing. I want it to be viewed as lightweight.

Anywho, here is the concept:

Screenshot_4.webp

Some will like, some won't.... but this will be the front of the site.

Anywho, anyone have any suggestions I'm all ears. I'm a very... uhhh... "novice" Pokemon guy, so I am stretching here. Hahaha.

Thanks for looking.

I like what you did with the nodes, really! Sadly, for the rest, it remind me of Corp. too much, need a little bit more of customization. But, eh, its a brand new forum, it will only get better with time :)

BTW, the social media button at the top doesn't work, at least for twitter and reddit.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Top Bottom