ThePokémon.Zone

Very slow process, could have likely had more done had I used an add-on, but again, I'm not wanting the copyright area taken over. Plus, avoids unneeded apps running. Anywho, installed Showcase by @Bob , not sure why I didn't think about that before.

Screenshot_29.webp

The Pokédex tab of course is Showcase. It is linked to the top, which after all are entered, will show all Pokémon listed, with the user rating of each. Those are obviously linked to the discussion area, The Pokédex. Creating the threads for each one has been a task, with tons of CSS changes for each, so its a copy/pasta fiesta. There isn't any fast way to do it, but I've got around 80 of the 151 finished.

Untitled-9.webp

There is a chat box up and running, in case anyone is on the go and wants to shout real quick, has questions, etc...

Still lots to do, just wanted to provide a small update for now.

Thanks for looking. Look forward to hearing suggestions and ideas, as well as critiques.

Appreciate it!

Finally have gotten all 151 Pokémon characters from Pokémon GO entered into Showcase (Pokédex)

Screenshot_35.webp

This is the main view. You'll see "views" and "ratings".

Going into one, you'll quickly see some info about each.
scv.gif

The "Rarity" is based on 1-5 stars.

1 Star = Common
2 Star = Uncommon
3 Star = Rare
4 Star = Very Rare
5 Star = Super Rare

I'll be going back and adding these into the Pokédex forum threads, so soon there will be a "Discussion" tab as well.

Anywho, that's the update for now. Just glad I have finished that part of this. If you have any comments, suggestions, ideas or critiques, feel free.

Back at it now! Thanks for checking us out.

Impressive Pokedex !

Google: Pokemon Go forum
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourcei...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pokemon+go+forum&start=90
- what page are you on ? Find out to help track your progress.

FYI I saw this ..
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-volunteers/ville-de-montreal/moderators-for-pokemon-go-forum/1183224005?null
Maybe try to partner up with some other sites ?

or this guy ? https://www.gofundme.com/2fypmmk

The Pokedex is super cool ... but you need to find some people to generate threads / discussion. Networking to find Pokemon Go keeners to help build the site is likely a good idea.

Good luck with the site ... is there a way for members to display their "Pokemon stats" by some Niatic api ? like Level ? # pokemons ? etc ?

Sheldon, think about associating your pokedex individual pokemon threads with the showcase items. Will provide a more seamless integration than the current two seperate pathways right now. You just need to turn it on in showcase and add the threadid into the sc profile item.

Good work so far, really looking fwd to seeing you build your community.

Sheldon, think about associating your pokedex individual pokemon threads with the showcase items. Will provide a more seamless integration than the current two seperate pathways right now. You just need to turn it on in showcase and add the threadid into the sc profile item.

Good work so far, really looking fwd to seeing you build your community.

He's already said he's gonna do that. Sheldon was one of the first people I believe to use Showcase so I'm sure he knows how to do it.

Yeah, I have a couple already done.

At first, I was simply going to enter the all into threads. Then I thought, "what in the hell am I doing. I have Showcase". So, I started entering everything into Showcase, the user fields, tabs, etc. Now I am going back and adding each image before the main thread, then I'll go back and link them all. I did everything ass backwards, but hey... it's been a while ;)

Slower process than normal, but I am happy with where I am at currently. Hard to build a community while still out searching for Pikachu! Hahahahaha.

I'll look into your suggestions @Digital Doctor , it's interesting to see what is out there. I have a few ideas as to what to do to get the word out in my area, as there is a HUGE Pokémon GO crowd out running around. Appreciate your input. Thanks for checking the site out. Feel free to return, check in, see what else has happened.

--back at it!

Thanks.

subtly Recruiting manpower via Facebook and Twitter would be a good thing before everyone is back to school :)

Q: are you going to be a content expert ?

Not nearly enough hours in the day.

Anyway, went ahead and made the decision to remove the sidebar. Decided to use a widget to mimic a "Discourse/Flarum" look. I do still have the categories at the bottom though.

Still working on adding your team, as well as a location to show how much of your Pokédex is complete and level. I have my eye on another addon, but still trying to decide what implementation will work best for my needs.

I really think it's better to focus on mobile with this venture.

Anywho, as always, suggestions / ideas / critiques are welcomed.

Nice site. Pokemon Go has encouraged me to micro-manage my son's activities; we signed up for a year of guitar lessons and bought him a Yamaha Pacifica with a Roland amp, paid for 50 loot boxes on Overwatch, bought Halo 5 and ensured it looked wonderful on his 4k TV. He will start school later this week, and he will likely receive a basic smartphone by Christmas.

I'm thinking that the likelihood that he will still want to play Pokemon Go will be 50/50 ;)

Ok.... after a full day of messing around with this "no-sidebar" concept, I've decided it's sticking, and that is what I am rolling with. Biggest change, I've decided the darker look fits better for my needs. Some like the light, some don't, it's never a full win when making this decision. I've stuck with Abyss, only due to my familiarity with UI.X.

Anywho...

Instead of Recent Posts in the sidebar, I've used two widgets to show running threads. First widget holds only "stickied" threads, second, regular threads. Above it will still be the Pokédex, so anyone has quick access to the highest rated Pokémon. First image is the Pokédex, with the Stickied threads, second is the last bit of Stickied threads and a seperator, then going to normal threads.
Screenshot_11.webp

Screenshot_12.webp

At the bottom of the site, I'll be using Pixel Exit's add-on, and displaying the stats (yes, terrible stats for my site, I know :LOL:) Big shoutout to the team, @Russ and @Steve F for a great product. At this point, I wouldn't even mind a copyright displayed, simply because I needed this and it fits perfectly... lol. (Yes, the red is "meh" for Valor, looking into a different variation of that color).

Screenshot_13.webp

The nodes have pretty much stayed close to the same:
Screenshot_14.webp
Screenshot_15.webp

I've started on the postbit, but still have a bit more to do.
Screenshot_16.webp

As seen above, @SneakyDave hasn't chose anything "extra" on his account. My account, I've chosen (in preferences) Pokémon Team (icon), Pokédex (cube), Level (arrow) and User Group (ribbon and username color). As far as User Group choice, it's an option (from add-on, @ThemeHouse ) you have when registering, as well as later at your accounts page.
Screenshot_17.webp

That's a quick rundown for now. Still work to do. Still add-ons to decide on.

If you'd like, feel free to critique, suggest, bash, scream, etc... Love hearing ideas, and attempting to implement them. (Yes, still small mobile issues - I'm slow).

Appreciate you looking.

Top Bottom