ThePokémon.Zone

@Sheldon - one thing I noticed after registering is that there is no alert or conversation box. In order to get to them, you have to hover over your avatar and then click on either "alerts" or "conversations". I would suggest getting icons for each.

@Sheldon - one thing I noticed after registering is that there is no alert or conversation box. In order to get to them, you have to hover over your avatar and then click on either "alerts" or "conversations". I would suggest getting icons for each.

That's the way that theme was made if you look at the demo for Corp it's the same way. Yes they can be enabled but by default it wasn't designed that way.

That's the way that theme was made if you look at the demo for Corp it's the same way. Yes they can be enabled but by default it wasn't designed that way.
Ah, I see. Well, I guess it is just personal preference for me to like it. I find that it makes it easier for XenForo newbies to use the site as well. But, eh, I was not aware it was designed that way.

I prefer to have the alerts and inbox showing as well on the userbar. Like I said there is a setting in UI.X to enable it so if Sheldon chose to he could enable it.

It doesn't matter to me either way, as far as the look. I see where you are coming from, the "newer to XF and UIX" members may be a bit confused. I've taken your advice. Appreciate the input :).

Screenshot_2.webp

And apologies for not getting much work done on the style. I've been getting some help with the PokéMap to be a part of the site. Some things need changed, but at least it's a start.

http://map.thepokemon.zone

Hopefully this evening I can get back to a couple things I have planned.

Getting back at it... current focus is working on the Pokédex (y). Everyone needs the information about each one, their max stats, etc...

Screenshot_2.webp

Here is the mobile view:
Screenshot_1.webp

Each Pokemon will be outlined in a color and have a background that represents its type.
  • Blue - Water
  • Green - Bug
  • Orange - Fire
  • Light Green - Grass
Here is the full size version:

7f4adc7b00344b319c0709990a94cba0.webp

Here is a quick peek at the thread itself. Each will be laid out like this:
Screenshot_3.webp

I'll add a few more, then I'll likely switch over to working on teams, so members can join the usergroup they need to have their team "icon" and colors.

If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, critiques, feel free to leave them. It's taken a bit to get back into the swing of things, but it's been relatively enjoyable :). Look forward to seeing some Trainers registering and chatting it up :coffee:.

Thanks!

One thing is that your map doesn't seem to load nearby Pokémon (on mobile). Just Pokéstops and Gyms.

Yeah, I haven't had much time to get on that. It seems to have some issues... I'm still doubting its viability at this point, and looking into other options.

Very cool. How did you go about putting an image behind each forum section on the main page? And the images in front of each Pokédex topic?

Posting in members profile...

33609d9679f94822a1c2d4b2189b6c38.png

Very cool. How did you go about putting an image behind each forum section on the main page? And the images in front of each Pokédex topic?

Both are purely with CSS. I think there are a couple of add-ons that do the same job, but I'm not particularly interested in having that many different copyright's displayed. They always seem to jack up the entire footer area. If you'd like to know how to do it, I don't mind sharing.

Top Bottom