Add-on Theme converter (inquire)

Adam Howard

This is not developed. It is just a concept idea and before putting things into real coding.... I thought I would ask.

A simple yes or no would be good enough.

Recently, I've tried to convert an old vBulletin theme I really loved into XenForo (almost there). And I also have another theme for IPB as well.

When you get right down to it, they're nothing more than instructive xml files with some photos.

How interested would anyone be in a converter that would "guide" ....Not complete (maybe partly)... But put you on the right path... That could help you convert a vBulletin or IPB skins into XenForo skins?

No.

I think there's too many variables involved that would allow this to succeed to be honest. I think your time is better spent on those convertors you mentioned in your other post ;D

This is not developed. It is just a concept idea and before putting things into real coding.... I thought I would ask.

A simple yes or no would be good enough.

Recently, I've tried to convert an old vBulletin theme I really loved into XenForo (almost there). And I also have another theme for IPB as well.

When you get right down to it, they're nothing more than instructive xml files with some photos.

How interested would anyone be in a converter that would "guide" ....Not complete (maybe partly)... But put you on the right path... That could help you convert a vBulletin or IPB skins into XenForo skins?
There are generally too many copyright issues for any ethical designer to convert another designers work. Even with permission, its something that most designers I know are unwilling to do.

For myself, I am generally unwilling to use anyone elses work (Excluding PSD coding, which I'm picky on) because reading through anothers code, especially for IPB and vBulletin can be a true pain in the ass. Even with the single WP based theme I did, I only did so because the license allows for re-use for other scripts as long as there is a legitimate license for the theme.

The converter would do most of the work for you (1/2 or more). So all you would really need to do is add the photos manually (if any) and maybe change a few settings within XenForo as you would with any normal XenForo skin.

Top Bottom