thedarklight.eu - WoW EU Guild Website

Votick

The Dark Light was founded nearly 7 years ago by a group of friends who wanted to set up a role play guild. Over the next 6 years people came and went, but some of the ‘nearly originals’ are still dedicated to making this a guild players will love.

We have recently switched from using a free Forumotion board to Xenforo.
Russ from PixelExit was brought on-board to design a custom style for us.
Nobita has also been working with us to convert PHP scripts we where using to fetch character data into Xenforo. (These plugins might soon be available public)

Custom Plugins:
WoW Guild Roster - Fetches & Displays Current Guild Members.
WoW Guild Feed - Displays recently completed achievements and loots.
WoW Avatar & Character Stats - Replaces users Avatar with Character Avatar live from EU Armoury, Also caches Race, Class & Achivement points which displays on users posts.

3rd Party Plugins in Use:

TaigaChat Pro 1.2.0
Tapatalk 2.0.3
Teamspeak 1.3.8 Alpha
Xen Media Gallery 2.0.6
[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0
[8wayRun.Com] XenRio (Live Streams) PRO 1.0.8
[bd] Medal 1.4.3d
[bd] Social Share 1.4.2b
[bd] Widget Framework 2.5.0d
[RT] Online Status Ribbon 1.3.7

We are very pleased with the work both Russ & Nobita have done.

Our Xenforo Forum

It's just a graphic.

sidebar_recruit.png

When you hover over it moves -112px to do the hover effect.

Yep, but i mean this Link to the Application when you click on the Image. Are you using any Banner Addon?

// Hm, no. No Banner Addon in your List.

I'm not sure if it's a custom hook or default but I have a template called ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel where the code for the images goes.

Meh Alliance...

Horde For Life!!!!!

P.S. Nice site though! Russ showed me some WIP for input.. It all came together very nicely.

Few graphic updates as the new expansion is soon to be released.
Couple of other technical changes:-
Move the site from shared hosting to VPS - We are going to be ramping up on MySQL on the amount of character data we will be logging. (SSD Hosting FTW)
Spent most of the day understanding CDN with Xenforo and Cloudflare - We do use Cloudflare but I don't like to have all the traffic passing through them.
Now have all images loading through there CDN while rest of the site loads off the VPS.

When I try to log in, it gives the following error:
Code:
HTTP Status 403 - Invalid CSRF Token 'null' was found on the request parameter '_csrf' or header 'X-CSRF-TOKEN'.

type Status report

message Invalid CSRF Token 'null' was found on the request parameter '_csrf' or header 'X-CSRF-TOKEN'.

description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

When I try to authenticate using battle.net, it says 'Thank you for registering', but then when I click on the battle.net link,
it doesn't authenticate me, it tries to take me back through the process again.

Top Bottom