The Straw That Broke The Camels Back - Leaving VB

I decided I would have nothing further to do with them at the point where they sold me a blog that they knew would be obsolete in a matter of weeks. Fortunately that piece of weaselry on their part saved me from buying 4.o AND their disasterous 3.8.6 upgrade.

(And, there is absolutely no bashing there, this is in fact exactly what happened.)

Anthony, you and I had some heated debates in the vB threads if I remember correctly. I was a angry vB customer that was trying to twist their arm into doing the right thing.

I eventually left like a lot of other vB members and went to IPB. I have been very happy there and am glad I made the switch and noticed what kind of company IB was a while ago.

If I were one to say I told you so... :p Glad you're moving after from a company that doesn't earn or deserve your respect and money.

Jamie

Well, we are still running 5 forums on vB 3.8. They are not yet ready to be migrated right away.

But yeah, vBulletin Solutions is dead to me. I will be very happy once the migration is completed and I can say that I have left vBulletin behind. Been some great 10 years though ...

Still can't believe you dumped vB. :confused:
I just can't deal with a company that is going to play dirty tactics, and I don't really care how much they make statements that the two incidents where just coincidence, I don't believe them. You could announce a lawsuit at any stage, they had plenty of time, but they did it the day before launch. This combined with the merger announcement, I just can't support that type of corporate nonsense any more.

Just now waiting for a VB4 converter, and once I get home from holidays I will be converting another away from VB.

I just can't deal with a company that is going to play dirty tactics, and I don't really care how much they make statements that the two incidents where just coincidence, I don't believe them. You could announce a lawsuit at any stage, they had plenty of time, but they did it the day before launch. This combined with the merger announcement, I just can't support that type of corporate nonsense any more.

Just now waiting for a VB4 converter, and once I get home from holidays I will be converting another away from VB.

Concur on the timing of the announcement. Oh and welcome to the Xen family, looking forward to reading your posts and thoughts on things.

Ditto, I was willing the give IB the benefit of the doubt on VB4, but I can not in good conscious continue to do business with a company that conducts itself the way IB has this week. I'm done, I'm going to move personal forum to XF this weekend and depending on their needs I'm going to recommend the handful of clients I have using VB move to IPB or XF as their current licenses expire.

Yep... I too am going to be pushing about 50 - 60 Vb licensee's I have dealings with to move towards either XF or IPB over the coming months. Right now XF won't be suitable for most, so I am hanging on until the mod community expands and the product evolves... then hopefully XF can sustain more functionality required by most sites to get them changing. I know many aren't happy with their current installs... and I would rather the people I know support XF than IPB, but either is better IMHO than alternatives.

There already is a vB4 converter.

Are yes... using the 3.x, but its not a true 4.x importer that will handle attachments. I plan on using that on one, as it only has under a 1000 posts and little attachments that I can change manually.

Weekend work / next week work for me... and I should have two forums fully over to XF.

Are yes... using the 3.x, but its not a true 4.x importer that will handle attachments. I plan on using that on one, as it only has under a 1000 posts and little attachments that I can change manually.

Weekend work / next week work for me... and I should have two forums fully over to XF.
Lemme know if the attachments works because i think that it just didn't work for that guy in the thread and not for the importer in general.

Anthony, No hard feelings and nothing was ever personal even though we stood for a while on different idiological sides. Your post here doesn't change that. Truthfully i wish vb4 was everything it was meant to be.

Top Bottom