The Players Club

EQnoble

So I figured I start a thread to see how many people play online games and what they are playing.
(currently COD:MW2, Tiger Woods 11, Halo Reach but I havn't opened it yet as I'm waiting for someone to play co-op with that actually wants to finish the game.)

Also just to throw out the idea if anyone out there is playing CODMW2 for 360 right now that maybe you go add one of my gamer-tags ( EQ2012EQ ), get up on a squad and put the waxxin to em with me. I fancy the idea that we might be able to get a whole teams worth of XF community members to run around squashing teams and letting them know that our squad is powered by xenforo. :)

I don't really care how good or bad someone is, I would just enjoy playing with people I share interests with other than the obvious group of people who enjoy video games (we are all interested in WEB-stuffs here , that's one). Besides , by the time I'm done muting the little kids the only people left un-muted are mic-less.

I'm interested to hear from all gamers. Please feel free to talk anything video games here.
( ftr emulators are hands down the greatest thing invented for gaming...ever. RETRO ALL DAY )

I wish I was young enough to have any idea of what you just said :p hehehe

My son plays some of those games, but it's not something I do at all.

I wish I was young enough to have any idea of what you just said :p hehehe

My son plays some of those games, but it's not something I do at all.
Thank you for making me feel young :) But I am just an old dog who never forgot the old tricks :)
Tell me you remember Mario Brothers, I would have a hard time believing you never jumped on a goomba
goomba1.png

and here is a rendition of the theme song for the game by a very talented fellow I have come to respect for his unique talent and for his tribute to this game amongst other things.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I played my fair share of arcade and platform games.. the original Duke Nukems - loved them :D or Lemmings.. I adored Lemmings!

Once they went all 3D and FPS.. they lost me :p

<------ former WOW addict. used to play a ton.... quit on the account of too much wife-aggro.
Yes WOW is one of those games that grabs that can make you an addict if you get into it heavy. Almost any game with a major world environment has that effect. I usually stay away from those myself as I have had a friend literally threw away his entire career because of it (WOW particularly). I tend to go for games that I can pause or have a waypoint that I can leave off at. WOW is a pretty live game, if your not there you miss something. Hence you get people not wanting to ever leave...the 10 more minutes theory of gaming that is more often than not way more than 10 minutes of extended playing past the point where you should have quit. I generally play a few rounds of a shooter and go back to whatever else I was doing before.

Do you play any games currently for any system , ( even web browser games.) and if so what?

Yeah I played my fair share of arcade and platform games.. the original Duke Nukems - loved them :D or Lemmings.. I adored Lemmings!

Once they went all 3D and FPS.. they lost me :p
Believe it or not I have never tried lemmings but I think I remember owning it for SNES, not sure. As far as duke Nukem they have online multiplayer available like a hacked server kind of thing, never tried it... but I know they have it for download on the xbox 360 right from the game marketplace...and you can play it online with I think 1 friend maybe 4 , I'll download that at some point and reference this. Put your son to bed early and grab that controller :-)

Along with Duke Nukem there was the Doom Series which was also epicly awesome for it's time and I still get enjoyment picking it up once in a while.

Never to old to game!

I currently flop between Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike Source, and League of Legends. However... between working a 40hr week, raising a son by myself and going to school, there's not too much time to fit that stuff in. It is nice when I came relax for a night though and game it up!

Believe it or not I have never tried lemmings but I think I remember owning it for SNES, not sure. As far as duke Nukem they have online multiplayer available like a hacked server kind of thing, never tried it... but I know they have it for download on the xbox 360 right from the game marketplace...and you can play it online with I think 1 friend maybe 4 , I'll download that at some point and reference this. Put your son to bed early and grab that controller :)

Along with Duke Nukem there was the Doom Series which was also epicly awesome for it's time and I still get enjoyment picking it up once in a while.

Have played Doom 1 and 2, and had a quick look at the excellent Doom 3.

More of an adventure gamer, Kings Quest, Monkey Island etc.

Currently playing Lucasart's The Dig, now that's one old game.

Never to old to game!
hoo-rah soldier !!!
I currently flop between Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike Source, and League of Legends. However... between working a 40hr week, raising a son by myself and going to school, there's not too much time to fit that stuff in. It is nice when I came relax for a night though and game it up!
Yessir ...It's all about priorities, but that's not saying when the little ones get tucked in for beddie-byez that some avatar out there shouldn't be getting waxxed by you :-)

How is Source? I haven't tried that yet. Your same old same?...or does this shooter got something different?
And league of legends I also fear that I haven't heard of. Maybe I'm burned out and forgot who knows. Whats that game about.

Have played Doom 1 and 2, and had a quick look at the excellent Doom 3.

More of an adventure gamer, Kings Quest, Monkey Island etc.
King's quest was LucasArts as well I think. And sierra games FTW (ref to monkey island) were my favorites as a kid Conquests of Camelot ... come to think about it, who remembers when the shareware games were in clear plastic and you could buy them from a rack at like convenience stores such as clydes adventure and that whole series.
Currently playing Lucasart's The Dig, now that's one old game.
Yeah it is, but some games are like wine and can't be truly appreciated until some aging has occurred. +1 for the classics

OHHH and you just made me think of that game sleuth It was one of my faves as a child and probably the most simple video game I ever liked and still remember the command to start the game from DOS lol.

hoo-rah soldier !!!

Yessir ...It's all about priorities, but that's not saying when the little ones get tucked in for beddie-byez that some avatar out there shouldn't be getting waxxed by you :)

How is Source? I haven't tried that yet. Your same old same?...or does this shooter got something different?
And league of legends I also fear that I haven't heard of. Maybe I'm burned out and forgot who knows. Whats that game about.

Source is an older game derived from Counter-Strike 1.6 with an updated engine. They recently updated the engine again and added quite a bit but still fairly popular on the competitive side.

As for League of Legends, it's an extremely nerdy game I'm ashamed to admit I do play but it's fun with buddies. It's similar to DOTA on Warcraft 3(I haven't played that but...), it's free to play:

www.leagueoflegends.com

Gamer from waaayyy back here :) Currently playing Bad Co.2, just finished Mafia 2 and eagerly awaiting MOH Tier 1 :D
What systems are you gaming on there John? Maybe we can get on some multiplayer in October and do some damage MOH style.

Gamer from waaayyy back here :) Currently playing Bad Co.2, just finished Mafia 2 and eagerly awaiting MOH Tier 1 :D
Bad Company 2 is an absolute beautiful game, just recently built a PC that handles it max settings and boy does it look good :D

OHH
Bad Company 2 is an absolute beautiful game, just recently built a PC that handles it max settings and boy does it look good :D

Don't forget to post screenies here too, I'm looking for a game to replace CODMW2 and pictures would help make that decision for me. I'm a 50% visual person ( the rest is certified lunatic. ) and I often pick things by saying THAT ONE (and pointing). I love games but don't often try all the new ones as I don't want to get hooked on more than one at a time. :-) I'm already only quasi productive as it is.

Top Bottom