The people that we ignore shouldn't write to our profile

It should also prevent people from following you. You can currently ignore someone and then get a notification they are following you. Implement a proper block system and change the Ignore system to "Snooze" with a # of days/forever setting. Both are useful! :)

As mentioned.

Thread 'Upgrade the ignore function to 'block' / Blocking Ignored Users

As mentioned.

Thread 'Upgrade the ignore function to 'block' / Blocking Ignored Users

Voted, we are desperately in need of a block feature. We have lost 2 long time members to trolls in the past couple of weeks due to lack of control over their own threads.

True. And it needs to support blocking/ignoring nodes and individual threads as well. Creating usergroups to allow users to opt out of specific nodes is just too messy and complicated.

Came to make a suggestion similar to this so I'll add it here.

If you ignore someone that is following you, then you unignore them, they shouldn't be following you anymore. Most social media does it like that.

Moreover, we should be able to turn off following in the first place.

We now live in a world where people want to customise their own online experience. They want to filter out what they don't want to see and that's fair enough. Xenforo needs to introduce a comprehensive ignore/blocking system that enables forum participants to:

(a) ignore other members with a one way (I can't see their posts) and a two way (we both can't see each others posts) block.
(b) ignore threads, and entire forums.

People want to filter out the noise, and things that just irritate them. Give forum participants the tools to make their forum experience a pleasant one by letting them determine what they see, and what they don't see. This is basic stuff. A 1990s style ignore system doesn't cut it anymore.

Last edited:
We now live in a world when people want to customise their own online experience. They want to filter out what they don't want to see and that's fair enough. Xenforo needs to introduce a comprehensive ignore/blocking system that enables forum participants to:

(a) ignore other members with a one way (I can't see their posts) and a two way (we both can't see each others posts) block.
(b) the ability to ignore threads, and entire forums.

People want to filter out the noise, and things that just irritate them. Give forum participants the tools to make their forum experience a pleasant one by letting them determine what they see, and what they don't see. This is basic stuff. A 1990s style ignore system doesn't cut it anymore.
I agree with this and the other posts on here.

I'd like to add that the person being ignored perhaps should get a notification of it, as otherwise they can be posting a load of stuff about said member and be wasting their time. On the other hand, if the person being ignored is a big troublemaker, they might try to set up another account to stalk that member and cause them trouble. It's a grey area imo.

I'd like to add that the person being ignored perhaps should get a notification of it, as otherwise they can be posting a load of stuff about said member and be wasting their time. On the other hand, if the person being ignored is a big troublemaker, they might try to set up another account to stalk that member and cause them trouble. It's a grey area imo.
I personally wouldn't want to notify someone I block/ignore, but I understand your point. If they did implement this, it could be a tick-box choice to notify the person (same as when you move, delete, etc. someone's thread).

I personally wouldn't want to notify someone I block/ignore, but I understand your point. If they did implement this, it could be a tick-box choice to notify the person (same as when you move, delete, etc. someone's thread).
Yes, an option sounds like a good idea.

Also, small typo in my original statement that does change the scope a bit. It should instead read:

I agree with this and the other posts on here.

I'd like to add that the person being ignored perhaps should get a notification of it, as otherwise they can be posting a load of stuff about / to said member and be wasting their time. On the other hand, if the person being ignored is a big troublemaker, they might try to set up another account to stalk that member and cause them trouble. It's a grey area imo.

Top Bottom