The ONE thing promised 'for the future' you really miss?

twhiting9275

We've all seen the movies, the TV. They're good at promising all kinds of things, talking cars, highways in the air, cashless societies, but they rarely tend to get them accurate? If you had to choose ONE thing they got wrong that you wish they'd gotten right, what would it be, and why?

Me? Flying cars. Why? Well, let's just say less congestion on the road. Flying cars lead to air highways and (hopefully) less accidents?

Replicators, transporters, holodecks, and that virtual immortality thing. If I had to choose just one, it would be virtual immortality on a holodeck.

We've all seen the movies, the TV. They're good at promising all kinds of things, talking cars, highways in the air, cashless societies, but they rarely tend to get them accurate? If you had to choose ONE thing they got wrong that you wish they'd gotten right, what would it be, and why?

Me? Flying cars. Why? Well, let's just say less congestion on the road. Flying cars lead to air highways and (hopefully) less accidents?

I am missing software that really "works".
Well, XF comes really close :)

Being shunted around in glass tubes 50 stories in the sky

slidewalk1.png

A reliable and virtually in-exhaustable energy supply would be a decent "first step", because, to be honest, without it, we're screwed in the long run, no matter what others may invent.

And no, renewable energy supplies are not the answer, at least not in the way they are currently implemented.

We need warp core technology :)

Top Bottom