The Official "My Location" vBulletin Protest Campaign - **Show Love** for xenForo

Digital Doctor

Please Show your Support for xenForo by changing your "Location:" to xenForo on vBulletin.com
(as depicted below)

vB.profile.change.webp

===============================================================
HOW TO Change your Location to xenForo
===============================================================

xenforo.location.peaceful.protest.webp

Why Protest ?

You've used vBulletin for years. You loved it when it was the best "Back in the Day".
And it pains you to see how crappy it is today. You were surprised when 4.0 Gold felt like 4.0 alpha.
You were surprised the software you had come to love became a thorn in your side - IN ONE Release. :confused: You felt that the new vB owners probably had something to do with it. But you were stuck. Stuck. (Capital S).:(

And then along came xenForo. :)
A peppy alternative to the now bloated, corporate blah.
You felt the love again.
You could see the future of forum software on the internet was back on track.

Well, Internet Brands itself sees xenForo is great software too, and is a major improvement (already) to vBulletin 4.x.

But to break out the Lawyers ? to try to squash the little guy ? You feel you can't compete against the new kid on the block, get desperate, and hire lawyers instead of programmers ? I guess when your forum software is run by a corporation, not people who love forum software, that approach seems reasonable. WELL IT"S NOT REASONABLE.

And it's TIME to PROTEST, peacefully. Please go to vBulletin.com and make your voice heard.

I expect someone will close this any minute now, but I changed my location. Goes nicely with my protest avatar. (Wonder if I've been banned there yet. Don't actually care.)

If you mean this thread, it is tempting. Personally I think a campaign against another website, for any reason, is not good. If this thread gets locked or disappears don't be surprised. I am the only one on at the moment so if everyone is gentle, I'll leave it.

Yes, I did mean the thread. And, understood. :)

Things like this are basically degrading into trolling.

vBulletin will deal with the consequences without all of the people who are against what they have done going around and doing things we would never allow on our own forums.

Things like this are basically degrading into trolling.

vBulletin will deal with the consequences without all of the people who are against what they have done going around and doing things we would never allow on our own forums.

You're probably right... well, no - you're right. It's just hard to feel so bad for someone and be essentially helpless.

I'll go undo mine. And then log out of there and never return.

You're probably right... well, no - you're right. It's just hard to feel so bad for someone and be essentially helpless.

I'll go undo mine. And then log out of there and never return.
I'm not saying its wrong for anyone to do it, or calling them out, because quite honestly, people can do what they wish, I was just stating what I thought of it.

On another note, lol @ me taking the moral high ground, thats like something never expected of me.

You may have misinterpreted my post - it was a compliment.

You'd have had to see the difference when I was first here, and how I am now I guess. I got a little tired of a lot of things, and gave up on ignoring everything and just started speaking my mind instead.
For the record I don't see this as trolling as it is a positive action rather than negative :)

Positive action... For us. Not vBulletin.

Supporting people advertising a service, especially one being sued by the site you're on, is blatant disregard for rules, and a lack of tact for the most part.

If people did it on my site, I'd ban them, and I have done so when it was done maliciously.

Again, I'm not judging anyone, but thats how I view it, and I'm sure if you looked at it from your own perspective (If it were done to your site), you'd probably feel the same.

Supporting people advertising a service, especially one being sued by the site you're on, is blatant disregard for rules, and a lack of tact for the most part.
If it is against vBulletin's terms and conditions then they (vBulletin) are free to take action on the accounts accordingly.

Top Bottom