The Official "My Location" vBulletin Protest Campaign - **Show Love** for xenForo

I don't really give a flying leap about vB, I just don't want my actions to reflect badly on XF.
Which is the general point of my posts.

I won't do it, or support the idea of doing it, but people can do what they wish, just realize the prospect of a possible backlash, especially when there is such a situation going on can go either way.

I'm going to feel like hypocrite for saying it, but its just completely immature, and something that shouldn't have been posted on the official forums of a competitor product.

Peaceful protest, gotta love it. If i wanted to take the other route in protesting this case, that would create another court case in of itself, possibly a criminal case and not a civil case like xenforo's.

Don't know if I agree with this action or not.

However, I've changed my signature on both XenForo and vBulletin because of this situation. Should anyone wonder where it comes from, it's from this blog, where Matt from IP voices his opinion on the lawsuit between vBulletin and XenForo.

For the record I don't see this as trolling as it is a positive action rather than negative :)
It's a fanboy "attack" technically. It's not a true location, so they have the high ground of removing it. Ultimately they can edit their own forum as they see fit, but IMHO if they have the Hobbies / Likes profile fields active then that would be a better location to put XenForo.

If you mean this thread, it is tempting. Personally I think a campaign against another website, for any reason, is not good. If this thread gets locked or disappears don't be surprised. I am the only one on at the moment so if everyone is gentle, I'll leave it.
It's a campaign against IB not the website.
we're their customers, and if they have any common sense left they would listen to us and do the right thing.
We are protesting because we want a better product, we're within our rights ;)

...and as to not get XF involved in our disgust perhaps we should start a web page hosted elsewhere where we can do that. (If it's not started yet)

Top Bottom