The "New" icon on the top-right of each post

Hyperion

Hi.

I did a search, but a similar topic didn't come up so I thought to post this.

Anyways, in regard to that orange "New" icon on the top-right of each post, I was wondering if it's just me, or if the text really does take a little straining of the eye to make out. Well, it's not really that I can't see it, but that I feel a bit uneasy about the lack of contrast, or that the text doesn't "stick out" to the viewer without a little concentration of the eye.

Yeah, it's very hard to see and read. In addition, it's so far to the right that on wider monitors, when you're reading posts or scanning the page it's way out to the right out of your field of view and it's practically impossible to notice. It needs to be made much more obvious. :)

This topic brought to mind an idea that I may as well throw out there, though I'm not taking it all that seriously: The idea is to make the user info area to the left of the post, and possibly other elements (such as the bar where it says "[insert user name here] likes this" and "View all", as well as the "Report" and "Reply" links) orange to indicate that the post is designated as new.

This topic brought to mind an idea that I may as well throw out there, though I'm not taking it all that seriously: The idea is to make the user info area to the left of the post, and possibly other elements (such as the bar where it says "[insert user name here] likes this" and "View all", as well as the "Report" and "Reply" links) orange to indicate that the post is designated as new.

I think that might confuse users. I would prefer the New icon, as long as it's easy to read. :)

Top Bottom