Not a bug The lightbox has no borders when images are large

sross

Affected version
all versions
Hi,

This is problematic for art communities, as when a large image is posted it looks pretty bad to have the image all the way to the edges left/right or if a vertical image top/bottom. There really needs to be the ability to have a consistent padding around the image when viewed in the lightbox so that it's not butted up against any edges and content. I would like a 100px border around the entire image. Also, ability to disable the semi-transparent background of the image so it is pure black. Is this a bug? I think so, as this is a gallery system and the focus is on the image. The image should be presented in a clear way, not wedged up against the sides of the browser or site menu. If there is a way to tweak the lightbox code to ensure a 100px border around all images that would be good to know and a fine workaround.

Thanks!

Well, it's very bad. This is what happens when developers create without art direction imo. How does this look like a good way to display an image? Smashed to the sides and misaligned vertically?

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 10.02.27 PM.webp

The expanded browser window can compensate if you have a big enough screen, it is then displayed slightly better but not centred vertically and garbage behind the image:

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 10.04.42 PM.webp

Ideal display for a visual arts community:

Screen Shot2 2022-06-18 at 10.04.42 PM.webp

For now I've had to disable it.

There is the possibility of reducing the sidebar to take advantage of the full screen dedicated only to the photo, it is not very complicated to do especially since this layout is kept in memory and therefore for each new photo displayed in the lightbox it will be full screen !

There is the possibility of reducing the sidebar to take advantage of the full screen dedicated only to the photo, it is not very complicated to do especially since this layout is kept in memory and therefore for each new photo displayed in the lightbox it will be full screen !
unless the image is very large then it will just hit the edges again even with the sidebar gone. I'm no coder, but maybe it's possible to have a coder tweak the lightbox code itself to make the adjustments I mentioned.

Sooner or later you will find this problem if your users publish panoramas for example, adding margins will automatically reduce the height of the photos. I understand your problem but it is ultimately not specific to XenForo, the rendering of very large images is conditioned on the screen on which they are displayed. XenForo slightly reduces this screen availability but not that much after all.

Top Bottom