The Legend of Korra

a legacy reborn

Does anyone here watch the show? Out of those of you who watch LOK, how many watched TLA? What do you think about the show in general and how do you feel about the season finale?

I personally love Avatar, but prefer the old show. It is probably just because I can relate to the old one because it was original, but regardless of that the current show is still quite interesting. Avatar is my favorite show of all time and I don't know what I'd do without it. Now about the season final...I thought it was a really well done finale but there wasn't as much action as I would have liked and the ending leaves me wondering if Korra is a fully realized Avatar, because that would mean that there really isn't much for her to do(trusting the writers on this one). The finale was still quite enjoyable and left a lot of things open for the second season(Makorra, is Amon really dead?, more spirit world awesomeness, etc.) I love the show and believe that the writers will not disappoint me or the rest of the fandom. Now that we have that out of the way, who's ready for S2?!??!?

gallery_1_4_142281.gif

Aang's journey was epic. This one started out okay, then let me down near the end. Well... whatever happens, don't let Shyamalan near it.

Aang's journey was epic. This one started out okay, then let me down near the end. Well... whatever happens, don't let Shyamalan near it.
I see this series in an opposite light. It started out kind of bland but towards the end it became the same stuff that I used to love :).

I'd tend to agree. Started out a little rough, but not bad rough just different. A few episodes in, however, I was hooked. A lot of legitimate drama, as opposed to a lot of the nonsense on television today.

Previously posted on my forum:

-----

I'm not liking it nearly as much as the original. The only characters I really care about, are the ones related to former characters. People like Bolyn, Mako and others seem rather flat right now and I could care less about them. The show doesn't seem to have the "brevity" that the original did. Rather than it feeling like the bad guy is changing the world, it instead feels like he's only changing a city.

That being said, Korra, Lin and Tenzin are godlike.

-----

I thought the season finale was TERRIBLE. What was the point of anything in the entire season if they are just going to do a hard reset with avatar state ********? The brevity of Lin giving her "life" to save the airbenders was an extremely powerful moment, sullied somehow by Aang of all people!
And I'm sorry, but Amon and Tarlok were terrible badguys. They were plain, and their motives were childish. The fact that they only announced their motives the episode before they were no longer of consequence also made it so that their plot barely had time to sink in before it was over.

Previously posted on my forum:

-----

I'm not liking it nearly as much as the original. The only characters I really care about, are the ones related to former characters. People like Bolyn, Mako and others seem rather fflat right now and I could care less about them. The show doesn't seem to have the "brevity" that the original did. Rather than it feeling like the bad guy is changing the world, it instead feels like he's only changing a city.

That being said, Korra, Lin and Tenzin are godlike.

-----

I thought the season finale was TERRIBLE. What was the point of anything in the entire season if they are just going to do a hard reset with avatar state bull****? The brevity of Lin giving her "life" to save the airbenders was an extremely powerful moment, sullied somehow by Aang of all people!
And I'm sorry, but Amon and Tarlok were terrible badguys. They were plain, and their motives were childish. The fact that they only announced their motives the episode before they were no longer of consequence also made it so that their plot barely had time to sink in before it was over.
i agree with everything except for the bad guys being terrible. They weren't. Just underutilized. Pisses me off...

I have been saying "Lin got her bending back" to just about everyone I see. Such an amazing bender.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The protagonist from the first season was more compelling than the protagonist of the second season.

After that Pacific Rim type ending I don't see how they can top that off in terms of extravagance.

Top Bottom